WMP11 on Vista not adding Amazon Unbox WMVs to library RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends and neighbors,

I have streamed Amazon Unbox WMVs to my 360 via WMP11 for about two years now without a hitch.

You can imagine my disappointment when the newest episode of Doctor Who failed to appear on my playlist. After double-checking with Amazon Unbox to make sure that the file had successfully been purchased and downloaded, and then confirming the fact that the WMV was actually present on my HDD, I went into WMP11 itself to see if it was appearing in my library. The short answer is no. No Doctor, no TARDIS, no Amy(!). Only sadness.

I poked around on a few forums and I found a solution to force WMP11 to rebuild its database, by deleting the old database from the %user app data% directory. Unfortunately for me this had the effect of removing all my videos from the library after the DB was rebuilt. All the videos are still present on that HDD and the play just fine when launched manually, they just do not appear in the Video directory of my WMP library. FYI: All my music appears in WMP just fine.

How can I get WMP to once again lovingly and tenderly caress my Unbox videos the way it once did?

Any and all help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

zh

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 1:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please check if the information in the following links helps:

Amazon Unbox Videos Won't Play in Windows Media Player (10)

Unbox Troubleshooting

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:15 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:06 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check if the information in the following links helps:

Amazon Unbox Videos Won't Play in Windows Media Player (10)

Unbox Troubleshooting

Please Note: Since the website is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Regards,

Sabrina

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights. |Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Tuesday, September 27, 2011 3:15 AM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:06 AM
  • I'm having the same problem!  I thought that I'd give unbox/amazon prime a spin, but wanted to make sure it would work on the Xbox before I committed to the $80 a year.  The first and only thing I've tried to get working doesn't work, and it's because Windows Media Player 12 won't load the file into my library.

I'm trying to watch the latest episode of The Big Bang Theory if that makes any difference.

I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium.  I've tried manually adding the Amazon Unbox directory path to my library in Windows Media Player 12.  I've made sure that both applications are up to date.  I ran the troubleshooter for unbox and it came back clean.  I also tried the steps in this kb article:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925705 and the related troubleshooter app, which returned no problems.  I have also tried dragging the file from the folder to my library in WMP12, but it never shows up in my library.  Because it doesn't show up in my library, I cannot view it on my Xbox.

Amazon's support simply points back to Microsoft.  The two links that you provided are completely useless.  Any other ideas?

• Edited by belyle Wednesday, November 16, 2011 4:08 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 3:58 AM