Word 2010 suddenly switches from print layout to draft view and scrolls to top of document RRS feed

• Question

• When I am using Word 2010, periodically (every 30 minutes or so), the view suddenly changes from page layout to draft, and the cursor scrolls all the way to the top of the document.  As you might expect, this is quite annoying, because I prefer page layout, so I have to reset the view, and then I have to scroll down to get back to where I was editing.  After doing this a dozen times a day, I become a bit frustrated with the software.  I don't know if it is relevant, but I am using the "track changes" feature when this happens.  Any ideas about how I can prevent this from happening?
    Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:22 PM

Answers

• This is most likely caused by an add-in. If I remember correctly, it has been suggested that some versions of EndNote could be the cause. If you are using the application, try updating it.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Max Meng Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:21 AM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:15 PM

All replies

• This is most likely caused by an add-in. If I remember correctly, it has been suggested that some versions of EndNote could be the cause. If you are using the application, try updating it.

• Marked as answer by Max Meng Wednesday, November 28, 2012 7:21 AM
    Thursday, November 22, 2012 10:15 PM

And if it turns out not to be EndNote, continue troubleshooting as discussed at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541/en-us/.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:46 AM