none
remove bitlocker. I have a drive with windows 10 PRO that has BitLocker Drive Encryption.

Question

•  The windows 10 Pro computer has died, and I would like to put the in my new computer with windows 10 home.   I would like to remove the bit locker password,  so I can reinstall windows 10 pro while keeping my files and apps,   I'm unable to do this while the drive is encrypted.  How do I remove drive encryption from the drive while I have the drive slaved to a windows 10 home computer? 
    Thursday, March 10, 2016 2:00 AM

Answers

• Hi nbstan,

Is it available to get into the Bitlocker with the password or the recovery key?

We could turn off it here if we could unolck it.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\BitLocker Drive Encryption

If we have forgotten the password and the recovery key, I am afraid we will lost the data forever.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 11, 2016 6:03 AM

All replies

• If you have an issue with Windows 10 and you really want assistance with that issue you need to post in the appropriate Windows 10 IT Pro category forums found @ https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=Windows10ITPro

This Windows 7 forums deal with Windows 7 issues.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Thursday, March 10, 2016 4:15 PM
  • Moved thanks for the heads up Rick +1

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag Windows IT-PRO (MS-MVP)

Thursday, March 10, 2016 5:46 PM
  • Hi nbstan,

Is it available to get into the Bitlocker with the password or the recovery key?

We could turn off it here if we could unolck it.
    Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\BitLocker Drive Encryption

If we have forgotten the password and the recovery key, I am afraid we will lost the data forever.

Best regards

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 11, 2016 6:03 AM