none
MSDN Project Professional 2016 ISO Image Installs Visio RRS feed

• Question

• I had a total mess trying to install Office 2016 Pro Plus 64 bit from the MSDN ISO images - on my Win10 (recently upgraded from Win8.1). I removed Office 2013 first, turned off my anti-virus and stopped the printing spool service.

The installation hung at 26% for hours. I solved it by rebooting, going into the Control Panel/Programs and Features, selecting Office 2016 and doing a Change/Full repair.

Then, I downloaded the Project Pro 2016 ISO image from MSDN. That too got stuck at around 60%. So I rebooted, went into Control Panel  / Programs and Features, and expected top find Project so I could Change (Full repair) it.

Guess what was there? No - not Project. There was no sign of project. However, there was an unexpected and uninvited installation of Visio 2016!

So, I thought to myself - what would happen if I installed the Visio ISO image - maybe that installs Project? But nooooooooooooo. It did not.

Has anyone else tried to install Project Pro 2016 from the MSDN download medium successfully?

TIA,

mlavie

Sunday, December 20, 2015 6:46 PM