Extract registry key values from multiple computers on a domain RRS feed

• Question

• In particular I'm looking for a PowerShell script to extract the I.E. Trusted Sites values, from multiple Windows 7 & XP PCs, to a .csv or .xls.

I believe the correct locations for Trusted Sites are as follows - 

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\

- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMapKey\

Apologies if I've posted to the wrong discussion.

Thanks in advance of any help.

Thursday, September 28, 2017 3:13 PM

All replies

• What does "extract" mean?

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:37 PM
  • get-item 'hkcu:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap'
    get-item 'hkcu:\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains'

reg EXPORT /?

\_(ツ)_/

Thursday, September 28, 2017 5:40 PM
  • In Trusted Sites, within Internet Explorer, there are multiple values. I need to extract these values from within the registry and export them to a .csv or .xls file.
    Friday, September 29, 2017 6:56 AM
  • Is there anyway to export these values to a .csv or a .xls file?
    Friday, September 29, 2017 6:57 AM
  • Is there anyway to export these values to a .csv or a .xls file?

reg EXPORT /?

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, September 29, 2017 7:04 AM
  • I’m looking for a PowerShell script that would be able to export all of the registry string values to a .csv file, that are listed in the following registry location –

-          HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-?????????-?????????-??????????-????\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMapKey

The reason being is that I need to remotely identify all of the users’ Internet Explorer Trusted Sites, within the domain.

Please note that there are multiple values in the above registry location.

The PS script should be able to ascertain the values for all user profiles on a computer and on all computers within the domain.

All of the computers either run Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or Windows XP.

Apologies if I’ve posted to the wrong discussion.

And finally, many thanks in advance to any responders.

• Merged by jrv Friday, September 29, 2017 9:59 AM DUPLICATE
    Friday, September 29, 2017 9:21 AM
  • Hi EBFANIS,

alas, you are indeed in the wrong forum according to our policy guidelines.

Basically, we don't write scripts on request.

You can check the gallery however, maybe someone already wrote what you are looking for.

Cheers,
    Fred

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Friday, September 29, 2017 9:25 AM
  • Also note that you cannot remotely export HKCU.  It only exist for the session user currently connected or logged in at the console. 

Please look up the documentation on how the registry works.

The keys you are looking for are owned by Group Policy.  You can validate them using RSOP from the DC or from a workstation with RSAT installed.

Ask you domain or network admins for help with how to get this information.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, September 29, 2017 10:02 AM