Mount-DiskImage and other related cmdlets not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

In the last build (10074) of the Technical Preview there are a few cmdlets that are not working as expected. These are: 

• Mount-DiskImage
    • Get-DiskImage
    • Unmount-DiskImage

When I exected these commands in the Preview I'm getting the following error: Mount-DiskImage : The parameter is incorrect. 

I attach the screenshot so you can verify this behavior.

This command works perfectly in WS2012R2.

Sunday, May 10, 2015 7:37 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Since this cmdlet is only available to Windows 8.1, Windows PowerShell 4.0, Windows Server 2012 R2.

And based on my test in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Insider Preview 10074, the same ISO and parameter, it doesn't work on Windows 10 Insider Preview 10074's Windows PowerShell 5.0.

You could just mount an image via right click Mount option.

The new build 10122 is available, this cmdlet works fine in this new build. Thus I suggest you update to latest build to use this cmdlet.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 21, 2015 7:58 AM

All replies

• Same here!
    Sunday, May 10, 2015 8:05 PM
  • Hi,

Since this cmdlet is only available to Windows 8.1, Windows PowerShell 4.0, Windows Server 2012 R2.

And based on my test in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Insider Preview 10074, the same ISO and parameter, it doesn't work on Windows 10 Insider Preview 10074's Windows PowerShell 5.0.

You could just mount an image via right click Mount option.

The new build 10122 is available, this cmdlet works fine in this new build. Thus I suggest you update to latest build to use this cmdlet.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 21, 2015 7:58 AM