Exchange server 2003 migration RRS feed

• Question

• Over the weekend I migrated SBS 2003 to a new sever.  AD replicated correctly.  I was able to move all files over.  The only problemI've had is with exchange server.  The mail boxes didnt replicate over to the new server.  I didn't notice this until after I had demoted old DC.  I did not delete exchange server off of old server.  In case I had to go back use old server as a refrence.  At first we were unable to send mail internally and externaly.  I went back and checked and fixed everything I could that would cause this problem.  Even checking over firewall.  As of now email works internally and externally.  Unfortunatly, some of the clients that use the OWA cant access their old emails.  I also went back to old server and all mailboxes are gone.  And are still not showing up on new server.  Is there anyway to recover these emails.  Are they cached on old server?  I did promote old server and connected it to domain.  I know I only have 7 days to keep old server on domain.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
    Wednesday, March 10, 2010 11:56 PM

Answers

• 
    You should ask this in an SBS forum.
    --
    Ed Crowley MVP
    "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    "joesanc" wrote in message news:638980cb-2f45-4b70-b554-d89bfd5bf2ca...
    Over the weekend I migrated SBS 2003 to a new sever.  AD replicated correctly.  I was able to move all files over.  The only problemI've had is with exchange server.  The mail boxes didnt replicate over to the new server.  I didn't notice this until after I had demoted old DC.  I did not delete exchange server off of old server.  In case I had to go back use old server as a refrence.  At first we were unable to send mail internally and externaly.  I went back and checked and fixed everything I could that would cause this problem.  Even checking over firewall.  As of now email works internally and externally.  Unfortunatly, some of the clients that use the OWA cant access their old emails.  I also went back to old server and all mailboxes are gone.  And are still not showing up on new server.  Is there anyway to recover these emails.  Are they cached on old server?  I did promote old server and connected it to domain.  I know I only have 7 days to keep old server on domain.  Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Proposed as answer by Allen Song Tuesday, March 16, 2010 7:59 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen Song Monday, March 22, 2010 9:06 AM
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:59 AM