Multiple primary site - Discovery issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on a scenario where there is 1 CAS and 3 Primary sites(PS1,PS2,PS3). At PS1 site, Active directory system Discovery is only configured and all the OU for all the sites are added. On the other two Primary sites this discovery was not configured.

Now I wanted to ask is there any issue due to this , or should I have to configure this discovery on both sites??

Thanks

Pallavi

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:03 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I would configure System Discovery in the primary site where I many those devices. So if you have all computers that should be managed by PS1 in an OU like europe, then I would add System Discovery of that OU in the PS1 site. And the same for the PS2 site, discover only the devices at that site that should be managed by it.

Regards,

Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:09 AM
  • Hi Jorgen,

The OU were added to PS1 site before other site were built so, can we leave the configuration as it is now or we should change it as the no. of device are more than 10K.

will there be any adverse effect of this configuration.

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 8:29 AM
  • I would change it so you have the correct objects in each of the primary sites.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Wednesday, January 8, 2014 12:06 PM
  • Hi kent

Does it effect client deployment and site assignment??

Thursday, January 9, 2014 4:47 AM
  • no, you can still control that. Site Assignment is either based on an AD Query or you hard coding the site code during the install process. Client deployment depends on the method, in this process content boundary Groups and DP's are being used.

Kent Agerlund | My blogs: blog.coretech.dk/kea and SCUG.dk/ | Twitter: @Agerlund | Linkedin: Kent Agerlund | Mastering ConfigMgr 2012 The Fundamentals

Thursday, January 9, 2014 6:45 AM