none
System image and backup with Seagate Desktop 5TB expansion disk RRS feed

• Question

• I recently upgraded to windows 10. I purchased a 5TB Seagate External to back up my computer, and Windows is telling me there is not enough disk space for me to back up 900Gigs. Seems a bit odd.  I have tried everything I can think of, but still I get the "BackUp Failed " error message.  

The computer says the drive has 4.54 TB unused, but still not enough space for backup and system image?  What gives?

Please help.

Richard Brown 

Tuesday, September 22, 2015 1:31 AM

Answers

• I recently upgraded to windows 10. I purchased a 5TB Seagate External to back up my computer, and Windows is telling me there is not enough disk space for me to back up 900Gigs. Seems a bit odd.  I have tried everything I can think of, but still I get the "BackUp Failed " error message.  

The computer says the drive has 4.54 TB unused, but still not enough space for backup and system image?  What gives?

It's probably the other way round: The backup program cannot deal with such a large partition. It would probably work if you created a partition of 2 TBytes. See also here.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 7:38 AM