Installation issue with Windows Server 2012 Essentials: 0x80070570 RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried to install the trial version of Windows Server 2012 Essentials on a Dell Poweredge 1900.

After extracting the files, it suddenly stops with the "0x80070570" error.

Then I tried all the following, which didn't help:

• I've downloaded the ISO in all possible combinations to assure, that there is no error in the file.
    • As media I first used DVD's (two different), then tried with a USB key.
    • I removed all drives except one.
    • I tried every drive by reconnecting it to SATA Port A.
    • I removed 2GB from the 4GB memory, so it just had 2GB left.
    • I ran  memtest86+ over nightnot one error found.
    • I was able to test an ISO download from MSDN, same error.

All ends with the same error.

I also tried to install Win7, which ran without a problem!

Any ideas, what I can try further?

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:22 PM

Answers

• I would say the error indicates a corrupted download, not an issue with the installation process per se. Since you've downloaded several times (and presumably verified the download each time by comparing hash values?) I would try burning it with a different DVD writer.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by beeage Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:07 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:50 PM
  • OK.... Issue solved. After I made a different larger download and I was able to verify the hash checksum, I noticed, that my workstation had issues with larger files. So I created the bootable USB on a different workstation and it worked... Shame over me ;-) and thank you all for your help!!
    • Marked as answer by James Xiong Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:37 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:07 PM

All replies

• I've tried to install the trial version of Windows Server 2012 Essentials on a Dell Poweredge 1900.

After extracting the files, it suddenly stops with the "0x80070570" error.

Then I tried all the following, which didn't help:

• I've downloaded the ISO in all possible combinations to assure, that there is no error in the file.
    • As media I first used DVD's (two different), then tried with a USB key.
    • I removed all drives except one.
    • I tried every drive by reconnecting it to SATA Port A.
    • I removed 2GB from the 4GB memory, so it just had 2GB left.
    • I ran  memtest86+ over nightnot one error found.
    • I was able to test an ISO download from MSDN, same error.

All ends with the same error.

I also tried to install Win7, which ran without a problem!

Any ideas, what I can try further?

Maybe you need to update your firmware.  Have you tried Win8 x64 or the full version of Server 2012?

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:35 PM
  • Thank you for your fast response. I updated the firmware to the most recent one, too. (forgot to mention). No positive impact.

I'll try the Win8 x64 and the full version of Server 2012. However, I'm not sure, what the result with testing those OSes would tell me. If they work, ok, but so what? If they don't...?

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:40 PM
  • I would say the error indicates a corrupted download, not an issue with the installation process per se. Since you've downloaded several times (and presumably verified the download each time by comparing hash values?) I would try burning it with a different DVD writer.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

• Marked as answer by beeage Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:07 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:50 PM
  • You could try installing it in a VM (the .iso file can be used) to test your download is valid - VirtualBox works.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:55 PM
  • Yes, reading all the posts on the Internet, I would have assumed the same, but I actually loaded it to a USB key (with the Win 7 USB DVD Download Tool), but the same result.

I tried now with the Windows Server 2012 Standard, the same result. I'm trying now Win8.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:55 PM
  • And just a small note to your comment: I had a hard time finding the hash values of all downloads, and actually, I wasn't successful, so I couldn't test them. But again, the file size was always exactly the same, and one copies I tried was downloaded from MSDN one a different line/machine.
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 7:01 PM
  • OK.... Issue solved. After I made a different larger download and I was able to verify the hash checksum, I noticed, that my workstation had issues with larger files. So I created the bootable USB on a different workstation and it worked... Shame over me ;-) and thank you all for your help!!
    • Marked as answer by James Xiong Thursday, October 18, 2012 2:37 AM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 9:07 PM
  • Same here, downloaded ISO again, SHA1 checked Ok.

The solution was to change the USB stick.

Hope this help.

• Proposed as answer by JVS Tuesday, January 1, 2013 6:41 PM
    Tuesday, January 1, 2013 6:41 PM
  • Hey everyone,

I have a Dell powerEdge 1950, trying to install Win 2012 / 2012R2 GUI or Core, same error 0x80070570

I've upgraded the Bios and other firmwares, tried ISO and USB boot, but same error, re-downloaded and re-burned the discs, but same error, however I was able to install server 2008 with same methods. Virtualization is Enabled in BIOS..

Raid 1, 300GB SAS drives, 10GB memory....

Any idea how to resolve this issue!

Saturday, April 11, 2015 9:13 PM
  • I have a same problem. the issue from file that you download. Download the file from http://msut3-rx6.aglt2.org/mirror/vm_images/. it should be resolve this issue.

I got the link from forum https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/7296011b-5034-4e80-993a-631ec16ffcc7/why-does-ms-not-post-any-md5sum-of-trial-downloads?forum=winserver8gen
    Sunday, July 5, 2015 10:49 AM