none
Project 2010 integration with Exchange 2010: Project Server application pool account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

We are trying to set up Project integration with Exchange 2010 and have a problem getting the correct format for the powershell command to run on the Exchange box. 

We have to run the command Add-ADPermission -Identity (get-exchangeserver).DistinguishedName -User (Get-User -Identity <AppPoolAccount> | select-object).identity -extendedRights ms-Exch-EPI-Impersonation

We have followed the instructions to find the AppPoolAccount, which is  "Sharepoint Web Services Default " but when this is input into the command it errors out saying no such account. I know now that that this is because  Sharepoint Web Services Default is the app pool and not the user, however I can't identify the account running that app pool as Sharepoint Web Services Default does not appear in the Application pool in IIS. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Steven

Thursday, January 5, 2012 3:10 PM

All replies

• Hello Steven,

What is the account used my Project Server Service application  ?

Thanks,

Hrishi

Thursday, January 5, 2012 6:27 PM
  • Hi Hrishi,

This is what I can't work out. The project server service application is running under the Sharepoint Web Services Default application pool, but this does not seem to appear as listed under the app pools for IIS on that server. How do I identify the correct account?

Friday, January 6, 2012 11:41 AM
  • Steven, to find the application pool account, in Central Admin, click Security -> Configure Service Accounts. On the Service Accounts page, find your application pool in the dropdown list at the top. The currently configured application pool account will appear in the dropdown list at the bottom.
    Friday, January 6, 2012 8:53 PM