none
New to Host Integration Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm new to Host Integration Server 2010 (I'm using it within BizTalk Server 2010)

I need to define a set of SNA Services for APPC/LU6.2 connectivity to a CICS Transaction Server 4.1 system.

It seems fairly straight forward however I'm not at all clear on how to create a NEW server instance under the SNA Manager ... I mean I right-click on the SNA Manager Icon

I get a pop-up window Local SNA Domain, assuming I want to define a Local SNA SubDomain when I click on finish it gives me a default name of DB-SERVER-01 which I DO NOT want to use!

It seems that DB-SERVER-01 is the name of the computer the HIS is running on.

How can I change this to say  BUTLER-TM193  ??

Thanks for any and all suggestions and advice

Tuesday, March 8, 2011 10:50 PM

Answers

• Hi 2U Wrangler ,

Try following,

Go to Console Root >> Microsoft SNA >> DB-SERVER-01 >>Manger >>Servers >>DB-SERVER-01

Right Click on it  >> go to Properties  >>A New DB-SERVER-01 Properties Popup will appear

Click on Change.

Enter BUTLER-TM193

Save the configuration.

Let me know if it works

Note :Make sure SNAMngagnt Services are stopped before doing it and make sure you start after change

Thanks Cheeta LM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:09 PM

All replies

• When you install and configure HIS, you should see something similar to the following when opening SNA Maanger:

Console Root
       Microsoft SNA Manager
           HIS_Subdomain Name

Servers
                     HIS Server Name (this will be the lcoal machine name) 

If you right-click "Microsoft SNA Manager" and click "Open Subdomain", then the resulting "Start SNA Manager for..." dialog is used to choose which HIS Subdomain configuration you want to open and work with.

If you just want to configure the HIS 2010 system that you are actually running SNA Manager on, you don't need to do anything as you already have that HIS Server's (and its subdomain) configuration open.

If you expand the "HIS Server Name" (DB-SERVER-01 in your case) node, you will see folders for the folowing:

- Link Services
    - Active Users
    - SNA Service

To connect to the IBM host system via LU 6.2, you will need to go into the Link Service folder to install an IP-DLC link service that will provide the connectivity to the mainframe. Doing this is a detailed topic on its own.

If you expand the SNA Service node, you will see folders for Connections, Local APPC LUs,a nd Remote APPC LUs. These are where you define the actual connections (that corresponds to VTAM PUs) and LU 6.2 (APPC) LUs.

If you are not familiar with setting up HIS to communciate with IBM host systems, then there are likely a lot more questions that you will have.

Thanks...

Stephen Jackson - MSFT
    Friday, March 11, 2011 8:23 PM
  • Hi 2UWrangler,

This might help you

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=86d6011a-3396-4c36-b4b1-af7f4d80a099

Thanks

Cheeta LM

Thanks Cheeta LM
    Tuesday, March 15, 2011 3:35 PM
  • Hi 2U Wrangler ,

Try following,

Go to Console Root >> Microsoft SNA >> DB-SERVER-01 >>Manger >>Servers >>DB-SERVER-01

Right Click on it  >> go to Properties  >>A New DB-SERVER-01 Properties Popup will appear

Click on Change.

Enter BUTLER-TM193

Save the configuration.

Let me know if it works

Note :Make sure SNAMngagnt Services are stopped before doing it and make sure you start after change

Thanks Cheeta LM
    Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:09 PM