Not Able to Delete Messages from Junk Folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Team

Could anyone suggest me a proper solution to delete emails from the junk folder? Yesterday, I logged out of my Outlook 2016 account and when I logged in I was unable to select the Junk Folder as it was greyed out. It has several emails which are increasing the size of PST. Please suggest me a solution to enable junk folder and to delete emails from it.

• Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, November 26, 2018 2:51 AM
    Friday, November 23, 2018 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hi Sandy Cullen,

Do you have more than one folder named Junk email? Spam? Please check the folder list.

We can log on the web mail to see if Junk Email folder was also grey out.

Another possible reason that Junk folder may be grayed out, is a plugin may be interfering with the setting. We can try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Tuesday, November 27, 2018 1:38 AM
    Monday, November 26, 2018 2:51 AM
  • Hi Sandy Cullen,

Are there any updates with this issue?

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, November 27, 2018 6:47 AM
  • Hi Sandy Cullen,

Can you delete emails from Junk Email folder now? Are there any updates?

Just check if the reply above is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, December 3, 2018 6:53 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, December 3, 2018 6:53 AM
    Thursday, November 29, 2018 6:15 AM
  • Hi Sandy Cullen,

How is everything going on with this issue?

If you've found the fix, you can also share it here which will benefit other users who is having same issue here a lot.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, December 3, 2018 6:54 AM