Power Shell cannot see mapped network drive RRS feed

• Question

• I have a network storage device that is also my personal Cloud and wanted to synchronize files on it using Power SHell so that they were always up to date.  PS cannot see the drive.

Friday, April 11, 2014 10:23 PM

Answers

• If you mapped the drive in a non-elevated session and you start PowerShell in an elevated session, by default an elevated application won't see the mapped drive unless you configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

• Proposed as answer by jrv Monday, April 28, 2014 9:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Gaynor Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:36 AM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 9:31 PM

All replies

• That is correct.  You need special support to see NAS drives.  Does you vendor have a PowerShell provider or can you map a drive?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Friday, April 11, 2014 10:29 PM
  • I reckon that I should have repeated the Title within my question: Powershell cannot see Mapped Network Drive.  Yes, my network drive is mapped as drive U: and in a command shell I can access the drive, do directory listings, create and delete files, so why can't PS?
    Monday, April 28, 2014 9:05 PM
  • If you mapped the drive in a non-elevated session and you start PowerShell in an elevated session, by default an elevated application won't see the mapped drive unless you configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

• Proposed as answer by jrv Monday, April 28, 2014 9:56 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Gaynor Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:36 AM
    Monday, April 28, 2014 9:31 PM
  • You have my vote Bill, I Enabled Linked Connections in the Registry and my script sails along quite smoothly, thanks, this really helps me out to have this running now.

Jim.

James W. Gaynor

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 6:36 AM