none
IE10 pre release version windows 7 prompts me to open or save a html file RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have an application which implements a search feature using a post request. When the search results are returned with a header (Content-Type:text/html) IE10  prompts me to open or save the file. When I choose to open the file,I am prompted to choose an application to open the file and when I decided to open it with notepad, the file is populated with the html markup. I am using java sockets to write the content to the browser. I also use a header<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=8"/> .Could someone suggest a workaround to open the page normally please.

Thanks

Monday, February 4, 2013 4:33 PM

Answers

• Hi,

what are the first 3 lines in your text/html file? got an <?xml in there? your using the wrong mime type.... also validate and correct your markup errors at validator.w3.org, ensuring you are using a valid document type declaration.

IE has security settings for mime sniffing.... check that you are accepting the default security zone settings...

Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

for questions about html, css and scripting for website developers please post your questions (with a link to your website) to the MSDN IE Web Development forum.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Monday, February 4, 2013 11:33 PM