Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013 RRS feed

All replies

• Try repairing the installation

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/repair-an-office-application-7821d4b6-7c1d-4205-aa0e-a6b40c5bb88b

Charlie Coverdale

Disclaimer: This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:11 PM
  • Hi,

Only Word and Excel can’t be opened, can other Office applications (such as PowerPoint, OneNote…) be opened properly? What is the phenomenon when app can’t be opened, is there any specific error message?

You can fix it by following the method of repairing Office mentioned in the documentation Repair an Office application above to see if it can solve the problem. Before you try to uninstall and reinstall Office 2013, please try to fix the issue by yourself: The articles How to troubleshoot problems that occur when you start or use Word and Iget a "stopped working" error when I start Office applications on myPC provide lots of methods to help us troubleshoot Office app starting issue.

You can use Safe Mode to see if you can start Word/Excel. If you can launch these apps, you can try to find out if a add-in item is causing the problem. To open Office apps in Safe Mode, please refer to  Open Office apps in safe mode on a Windows PC. If there is no problem with add-in, you can try to reset the settings for Word and Excel according to the articles above.

If you can't find the cause from the Office, please check the system and the environment, take actions such as disabling the three defense protection software, checking other application service process interference, updating hardware driver.

If you still can't solve it, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2013.

If you have any update or question, feel free to let us know.

Best Regards,

Herb Gu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Friday, November 9, 2018 8:58 AM
  • Hi,

Any update here? Have you solved the problem? 

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 12:58 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking the status of this issue. Do you have any update for it?

If my reply is helpful to this question, please remember to mark it as answer. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Microsoft Team

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams
    Tuesday, November 27, 2018 4:13 AM
  • Hello,

Any update here? Have you solved the problem? Is my answer helpful to you?

I'm looking forward to your response. If you have any additions, or update, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
    Herb Gu

Microsoft Team

Monday, December 3, 2018 11:15 AM