none
421 4.3.2 Service not available RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends,

I have a very strange problem since last Friday.

My relay connector used for port 25 stopped working for external networks.

I have a relay connector to port 25 which is authorized only for certain IPs.

----
    Network server: 10.10.0.x
    Name: Relay 25
    Procotolo: Verbose
    FQDN: server.domain.com
    Size: 20480
    IP addresses: All Available IPv4 port 25
    Receive mail: 10.10.0.x and 172.16.16.x
    Authentication: Transport, Exchange Server
    Permission: Anonymous, Exchange Users and Exchange Server.
    ----

It stopped unexpectedly works for devices that are on the network 172.16.16.x.

Devices that are in 10.10.0.x network continue working.

Now only works if I put it this way:

----
    Network server: 10.10.0.x
    Name: Relay 25
    Procotolo: Verbose
    FQDN: server.domain.com
    Size: 20480
    IP addresses: All Available IPv4 port 25
    Receive email: 0.0.0.0 - 255.255.255.255
    Authentication: Transport, Exchange Server
    Permission: Anonymous, Exchange Users and Exchange Server.
    ----

What happened?

Thank you.
    Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This error can often occur when there is an issue with the receive connector settings or the Exchange transport service.

According to your description, I notice that anonymous relay works when change receive email range.

Do you have another receiver connector? Please run below command to check the setting for it:

Get-ReceiveConnector | FL Identity,Name,*permission*,Bindings,RemoteIPRanges

As Ed mentioned, we can enable protocol log to confirm which connector used for device. This issue might be caused by multiple connector with same ip range.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, September 7, 2015 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:00 AM

All replies

• Enable receive protocol logging and see which connectors the inbound connections are using.  That may help you sort out if the wrong connector is being selected and give you a clue how to fix it.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:12 PM
  • Hi,

This error can often occur when there is an issue with the receive connector settings or the Exchange transport service.

According to your description, I notice that anonymous relay works when change receive email range.

Do you have another receiver connector? Please run below command to check the setting for it:

Get-ReceiveConnector | FL Identity,Name,*permission*,Bindings,RemoteIPRanges

As Ed mentioned, we can enable protocol log to confirm which connector used for device. This issue might be caused by multiple connector with same ip range.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Allen Wang
    TechNet Community Support

• Edited by Allen_WangJF Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:00 AM
    • Marked as answer by Allen_WangJF Monday, September 7, 2015 9:38 AM
    Wednesday, August 26, 2015 7:00 AM