SCCM Primary Site server working with separate Cloned environments, possible? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I thought i'd ask this question here and see what the general consensus is.

We have 4 environments in the business, Live, pre-deployment, Dev and Test.

These are well established and were here long before I introduced a SCCM service.

The powers that be want to be able to administrate all environments from 1 server in Live. The live server is separated from the other 3 environments by a firewall and the 3 non live environments are all on the same part of the network. This communication can be sorted and is not an issue.

Here's the problem, as the environments are clones, the domain names are the same and also all the machines in those domain have the same hostname. From a little testing, I can get machines from other environments to check in and confirm that they are from those env's by checking IP info. But if I were to try and start a remote session with that machine it will automatically go to the machine in live that has the same hostname.

Does anyone think that administration from one site server in live to other cloned env's will be possible?

Thanks very much, Dave

Wednesday, November 16, 2016 10:19 AM

All replies