Outlook 365 in Registry- adding email addresses RRS feed

• Question

• I know my outlook only comes with space for 10 email addresses. With my business I need many more.

On my past PCs, i could go into the Reg Editor and add to the Value Data under MaxNumExchange while editing DWORD.

But on this new PC, the Exchange is not where I have seen it previously. I cannot find it anywhere in the regedit.

Does anyone know where I can look? Or is there another way to get outlook to allow more addresses?

I have outlook 365, I also have Windows 10 Home version, the PC is a Dell if that matters.

Thank you in advance.

Tuesday, December 3, 2019 8:09 PM

All replies

• Hi Millspgh,

By default, Outlook allow up to 10 Exchange accounts to be configured in a single mail profile. If you for some reason need to add more than 10 Exchange accounts to your mail profile, you can extend this limit to up to 9999 via a Registry tweak.

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange

Value name: maxnumexchange

Value type: REG_DWORD

If you cannot find "Exchange", just create it yourself.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 3:05 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got the issue fixed?

I'm writing to see if the reply above is helpful to you. If yes, would you mind helping mark the reply as answer? So that others who might have a similar question can benefit from your thread? Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:36 AM
  • Hi,

Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information. This will make answer searching in the forum easier!

Request/Expectation:

Outlook 365 in Registry- adding email addresses

Solution Summary:

By default, Outlook allow up to 10 Exchange accounts to be configured in a single mail profile. If you for some reason need to add more than 10 Exchange accounts to your mail profile, you can extend this limit to up to 9999 via a Registry tweak.

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Exchange

Value name: maxnumexchange

Value type: REG_DWORD

If you cannot find "Exchange", just create it yourself.

Reference Links:

No.

Regards, 

Aidan Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 8:27 AM