FEP2010 not catching Hotmail Trojan/Virus RRS feed

• Question

• I am finding e-mails with Random links going out periodically from my Hotmail account to my Contacts list. I have ForeFront Endpoint Protection 2010 with the following:

• Microsoft Forefront Endpoint Protection Version: 2.0.2528.0
    • Antimalware Engine Version: 1.1.6402.0
    • Antivirus Definition Version: 1.95.2565.0 created on 12/24/2010 at 11:07 AM
    • Antispyware Definition Version: 1.95.2565.0 created on 12/24/2010 at 11:07 AM

It has been happening for Months from what I can tell and my definitions are on autoupdate. Seems like ForeFront isn't finding whatever Trojan/Virus that is doing this. Any ideas on how to proceed? I have done Quick, Full and Custom Scans many times over. Nothing in the "View Quarantined Items" or "View Malware History" either.

Thanks for any help.

Saturday, December 25, 2010 3:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post.

If you have a sample of this threat, please submit the malicious file to: https://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/Submission/Submit.aspx

Once get the sample file, our antivirus team will analysis this. If the analysis is that the software is malicious, they can then add detection for this threat.

Thanks,

Miles

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Proposed as answer by Bechir Gharbi Friday, December 31, 2010 11:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Miles Zhang Friday, January 7, 2011 2:37 AM
    Monday, December 27, 2010 5:27 AM