none
Generate New Email Address and sAMaccount name on change of First Name and Last Name RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

I need some assistance , I am new to MIM WAL but managed to learn and implement few workflows related to my business process.

However there is one case where, I need to generate a new email address and samaccount name if there is a change in name ( for instance someone got married).

In such a case , I am stuck as to how I can achieve this.

I am creating email address , samaccountname based on our business logic and process in a separate workflows.

Please assist.

Thank You,
    Parin Das

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 8:44 PM

Answers

• It sounds like you only missing a MPR triggering on request updates on the FirstName and LastName attributes:

• Create a new MPR
    • Type: Request
    • Requestors: SET containing users/objects updating FirstName and LastName attribute
    • Operation: Modify a single valued attribute
    • Target Resource Definition before Request: SET containing users you want to trigger workflow against upon change (Ex: All People)
    • Target Resource Definition after Request: SET user must be member of after the change is made (Ex. All People)
    • Specified Attributes: FirstName, LastName, MiddleName (Attributes who should trigger workflow on change)
    • Action Workflow: Existing Workflow you use for generating AccountName and Email Alias.

• Marked as answer by Parin Das Thursday, March 28, 2019 6:39 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:04 AM

All replies

• It sounds like you only missing a MPR triggering on request updates on the FirstName and LastName attributes:

• Create a new MPR
    • Type: Request
    • Requestors: SET containing users/objects updating FirstName and LastName attribute
    • Operation: Modify a single valued attribute
    • Target Resource Definition before Request: SET containing users you want to trigger workflow against upon change (Ex: All People)
    • Target Resource Definition after Request: SET user must be member of after the change is made (Ex. All People)
    • Specified Attributes: FirstName, LastName, MiddleName (Attributes who should trigger workflow on change)
    • Action Workflow: Existing Workflow you use for generating AccountName and Email Alias.

• Marked as answer by Parin Das Thursday, March 28, 2019 6:39 PM
    Thursday, March 28, 2019 11:04 AM
  • Thank you soo much !

I managed to do that , but i have a query, now the old email is vanished and new email is generated ( which is what was needed)

but can we set old email as alias ?

Thank You

Thursday, March 28, 2019 6:38 PM
  • Hello Team,

Any expert comments on this ?

Saturday, March 30, 2019 2:58 PM
  • Yes, you can do that. Take a look at this example configuration for how you can maintain proxyAddresses with MIMWAL:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37997.mim2016-mimwal-create-workflow-for-changing-e-mail-address.aspx

Monday, April 1, 2019 7:50 AM