4 - Auto download and schedule the install group policy not working as expected? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

We have servers where "4 - Auto download and schedule the install" group policy is configured as below "No auto-restart for scheduled Automatic Update installations" sub policy enabled. Now as per the policy I understand that the system will try to download and install windows update at 3:00 AM "local time" everyday. 

Now we observed that even if we are pushing the update at 8:00 AM from WSUS, the client systems are immediately downloading and installing the updates and rebooting themselves (if users are not logged in) and not waiting for next day 3:00 AM to arrive.

This seems to be an abnormal behavior. Or am I missing something in understanding?

Thursday, September 27, 2018 11:22 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Please check if below GP is enabled on the clients.

"Allow Auto Updates immediate installation"

If the status is set to Enabled, Automatic Updates will immediately install these updates once they are downloaded and ready to install.

Hope my answer could help you and look forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
    Ray

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 28, 2018 2:38 AM
  • Hello,

I am reviewing old cases. Have your issue been solved or is there any update? Please feel free to feedback. 

Best Regards, 
    Ray

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 1, 2018 1:40 AM