none
Win 7 Pro 64 on 2017 cumputer

Question

• Hi,

I buy a new computer with this specification: Desktop PC ASUS K31CD-RO017D cu procesor Intel® Pentium™ G4400 3.30GHz, Skylake™, 4GB, 1TB, DVD-RW, Intel® HD Graphics, Free DOS.

I want certainly know that I can install to it the Win 7 Pro 64 bits. 

And how / where I can buy this program for Romania?

Thanks!

Saturday, September 30, 2017 11:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

The Skylake systems will be supported on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 with all applicable security updates through the respective end of support dates . It is recommended that these systems be upgraded to Windows 10 as soon as possible. For more information, please refer to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/11675/windows-7-windows-8-1-skylake-systems-supported

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 2, 2017 5:12 AM

All replies

• Microsoft Suspends Win 7/8.1 Updates For Intel Kaby Lake, AMD Ryzen CPUs has the full story.  You would be able to install Windows 7 if you can find all the needed hardware drivers, but when the updates get to the most current one, your system will not longer be able to download and install them.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Saturday, September 30, 2017 12:43 PM
  • Hi,

The Skylake systems will be supported on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 with all applicable security updates through the respective end of support dates . It is recommended that these systems be upgraded to Windows 10 as soon as possible. For more information, please refer to:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-sg/help/11675/windows-7-windows-8-1-skylake-systems-supported

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 2, 2017 5:12 AM
  • Thanks You,

But I'm one old man and can't find that my Assus version (Desktop PC ASUS K31CD-RO017D) it supported or no.

The Win 10 is more complicate and more sensible for me. It's not accept mistakes...

The bests!

Research_Kiraly

Monday, October 2, 2017 5:54 AM
  • Hi,

Hi, Can You done one link for downloading the free trials versions o the Win 7 pro 64 and / ore the Win 7 Ultimate. For verify the compatibility and the full functionality...

Research_Kiraly

Monday, October 2, 2017 8:37 AM
  • Hi,

If you take a little time to do some research you will discover that Windows 7 update for system with Skylake CPUs ended back in the Spring.  I don't remember exactly which month it was but Microsoft started checking for the new CPUs that it does not Windows 7 on and it terminates updates for those system by setting a flag to note the updates are not authorised by Microsoft!!
    Monday, October 2, 2017 7:07 PM
  • Hi,

Hi, Can You done one link for downloading the free trials versions o the Win 7 pro 64 and / ore the Win 7 Ultimate. For verify the compatibility and the full functionality...

Research_Kiraly

There are no Free Trial versions of Windows 7 available.  Microsoft terminated them a couple of years ago.
    Monday, October 2, 2017 7:10 PM
  • You system has the new CPU and Windows 7 is not supported by Microsoft on it.
    Monday, October 2, 2017 7:14 PM