get-cslicentpininfo fails with error "failed to connect to target" RRS feed

• Question

• I am hoping someone can assist.  It seems I can no longer set end users pins either using the set-cssclientpin or by using the skype control panel.  I get the error " failed to connect to target: " etc.  I have checked all the certificates, web services etc.  All looks good.  I can edit other properties of a user but just not the pin information.  I tried getting new certficates etc, but nothing seems to be working.  Any thoughts would be great.
    Monday, January 29, 2018 5:11 PM

All replies

• Hi jilljen01,

Make sure you run the cmdlet as an administrators.

The firewall exceptions for SQL Server Express are not enabled when you install the Standard Edition of Skype for Business Server. That means that you will not be able to run the Set-CsClientPin cmdlet from a remote instance of Windows PowerShell; that's because your command will not be able to traverse the firewall and access the SQL Server Express database. (However, you can still run the cmdlet locally on the Standard Edition server itself.) To run the Set-CsClientPin cmdlet remotely against a Standard Edition server you will need to manually enable the firewall exceptions for SQL Server Express.

If the problem is still existed ,please give me a screenshot when you run this cmdlet.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 5:40 AM
  • Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 5, 2018 9:51 AM