Virtua Health Manager is gone - Now what? RRS feed

• Question

• I really like HealthVault as far as its storage capabilities and interface with other apps, but its presentation of data is lacking, and Microsoft, to date, has been little help in resolving issues.  I had found that Virtua Health Manager was a very good option, but now that has disappeared - Mayo Clinic apparently has decided to no longer support it.

Does anyone have any recommendation for a website that works with HV and provides the same presentation benefits that Virtua HM had offered?  I haven't come across one yet.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

Monday, May 27, 2013 1:44 AM

Answers

• Thank you for your reply, Michelle!  I have used Heart360, and agree it is good.  Unfortunately, it has the same issue (I believe) that other apps have - it doesn't allow management of appointments.  There are numerous apps for vital information, but none I have found that allow managing appointments.  I suppose I need to go back to my paper-based DayTimer.  Ha!  Actually, my calendar app will remind me.  Virtua just added much more to managing appointments than calendars do, and that is what I am trying to find.

Thanks again!

Mike

J. M. Forde

• Marked as answer by Tomas El Friday, August 30, 2013 11:41 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 9:53 PM

All replies

• Hi Mike,

Although it was a difficult decision to close the Virtua Health Manager application we realized we had few users connected, and felt the low adoption was due to the need to self-key in data.  As we continue down our path of engaging patients and family members in online health record management, we are constantly evaluating new applications and technologies in support of our endeavors. 

In the meantime, I have found the American Heart Association HealthVault application, Heart360, to have a very nice interface and it utilizes the data in my HealthVault record to help manage the following: blood pressure, blood glucose, cholesterol, weight, nutrition and physical activity.  It also provides education and information specific to my conditions.  It can connect with many different devices too, which helps with minimizing the keying of data.

Virtua has also contracted with Zweena Health.  Zweena Health collects your paper medical records and scans and digitizes the data into your HealthVault account.  If you are interested in this application, please visit their website at:  http://www.zweenahealth.com.  Virtua covers the costs of collecting medical records and the cost of the Zweena Health account for one year.  Virtua offers Zweena Health free of charge to persons who live in New Jersey, in the tri-county areas of Burlington, Camden and Gloucester.   

I thank you for your post, and do hope you take a look at the Heart360 application. 

Michelle Scullion –Virtua IS Project Manager for Patient Engagement

Monday, June 10, 2013 5:09 PM
  • Thank you for your reply, Michelle!  I have used Heart360, and agree it is good.  Unfortunately, it has the same issue (I believe) that other apps have - it doesn't allow management of appointments.  There are numerous apps for vital information, but none I have found that allow managing appointments.  I suppose I need to go back to my paper-based DayTimer.  Ha!  Actually, my calendar app will remind me.  Virtua just added much more to managing appointments than calendars do, and that is what I am trying to find.

Thanks again!

Mike

J. M. Forde

• Marked as answer by Tomas El Friday, August 30, 2013 11:41 PM
    Monday, June 10, 2013 9:53 PM