none
Physical % complete not selectable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I'm trying to allow the resources to enter in the physical % complete when they are reporting on their task assignments. But for some reason you can't edit it in the online version. I checked the forms and it does have a tick box in that the column is read only. It won't let me untick the box.

I can edit it via Project, just not online.. why?

Thursday, December 29, 2016 10:10 PM

Answers

• Hi,

the field "physical % complete" is a field on task level, not rolled down to assignment level. If you add it to Task Usage view in Project, you can see that it is also only editable on task level. Therefore, you can't edit it on assignment level, which is the level on tasks.aspx.

Sorry
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Friday, December 30, 2016 8:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

the field "physical % complete" is a field on task level, not rolled down to assignment level. If you add it to Task Usage view in Project, you can see that it is also only editable on task level. Therefore, you can't edit it on assignment level, which is the level on tasks.aspx.

Sorry
    Barbara

To increase the value of this forum, please mark the replies that helped to solve your issue as answer. If you find answers to questions from other forum participants to be helpful, please mark them as helpful. Your participation will help others to find an appropriate solution faster. Thanks for your support!

Friday, December 30, 2016 8:04 AM
  • That really doesn't answer my question.. Yes I know I can't edit it. The question is why? I can do so in the application.
    Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:45 PM
  • Hi,

it is the only answer: in client, you can edit field on TASK level, not on ASSIGNMENT level. These are just different entities. tasks.aspx does only use assignment level fields, therefore you cannot select it - as you can not edit this field on assignment level.

Sorry, this is just how it is designed. "physical % complete" is a pure task field.

Regards
    Barbara

Tuesday, January 3, 2017 4:56 PM