Prompts with dynamic behavior RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Is it possible to create prompts that would dynamically change their value depending on the selected value of ListValues prompt ?

Thanks in advance

Thursday, March 14, 2013 8:38 AM

Answers

• If the prompts you are trying to create are anything other than Query Results, then no, the current Self-Service Portal does not support dynamic cascading lists, values, or questions unfortunately.  However, if you are trying to display different items out of the database by using a selection in a list as a filter, you can do that by configuring the criteria on your query results to utilize the Token of the previous question (in this case, the list).  Does that help?
    • Proposed as answer by WarrenSpier001 Monday, March 18, 2013 11:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by nichoff Monday, March 25, 2013 3:31 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 3:30 PM

All replies

• If the prompts you are trying to create are anything other than Query Results, then no, the current Self-Service Portal does not support dynamic cascading lists, values, or questions unfortunately.  However, if you are trying to display different items out of the database by using a selection in a list as a filter, you can do that by configuring the criteria on your query results to utilize the Token of the previous question (in this case, the list).  Does that help?
    • Proposed as answer by WarrenSpier001 Monday, March 18, 2013 11:34 PM
    • Marked as answer by nichoff Monday, March 25, 2013 3:31 PM
    Monday, March 18, 2013 3:30 PM
  • Hi Gabriel,

Thanks a lot for your answer, and excuse me for my delay. I was out of my country.

Now, is there a way to display the AD groups from which a selected user is a member ?

I don't find any link between users and groups in the CMDB...

Monday, March 25, 2013 1:14 PM
  • By default, there is no link in the CMDB between groups and their members.  However, using Orchestrator or Powershell, the SCSM authoring tool, and some ingenuity, you could configure a workflow to automatically create the appropriate relationships, if that is needed for your environment.  That discussion would be best placed in either the Administration or the Integration and Connectors sub-forum, though, so I'll not go into a lot of detail here.
    Monday, March 25, 2013 3:24 PM
  • OK, thanks for your time... I'll try myself, and if I get stuck, I'll go to these part of the forum !
    Monday, March 25, 2013 3:31 PM