Export issues RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to export a SharePoint 2007 site but I am getting an error “FatalError: Index was outside the bounds of the array…”. When I checked the logs it is showing “ConnectionString: 'Data Source=xxx'Data Source=xxx;”. I am not sure why it is showing data source twice and the first time it only shows part of the data source name. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Friday, May 24, 2013 4:10 PM

Answers

• Hi NicoleH23,

from the error code "FatalError: Index was outside the bounds of the array..", is it on "export" command line or "import" command line, if it is on "import" command line? 

usually before I import the sites, I create a new top site or a new subsite in the existing top site with the same template with the site tobe imported, then I use this site/subsite path as the URL parameter in Import command.

if it is happened on export, not import, I would like you to try to check the connection strings using .udl file, and make sure the connection to your database is ok and the size of the site should be not more than 24Mb,

if its exceed, then please increase the size:

stsadm.exe -o setproperty -propertyname cabsize -propertyvalue 512

then try to re-do your export steps.

if should issue persist, please reply with full error code from the ULS log about the specific part.

Regards,
    Aries
    Microsoft Online Community Support

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, May 27, 2013 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your question. I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, May 27, 2013 5:23 AM
  • Hi NicoleH23,

from the error code "FatalError: Index was outside the bounds of the array..", is it on "export" command line or "import" command line, if it is on "import" command line? 

usually before I import the sites, I create a new top site or a new subsite in the existing top site with the same template with the site tobe imported, then I use this site/subsite path as the URL parameter in Import command.

if it is happened on export, not import, I would like you to try to check the connection strings using .udl file, and make sure the connection to your database is ok and the size of the site should be not more than 24Mb,

if its exceed, then please increase the size:

stsadm.exe -o setproperty -propertyname cabsize -propertyvalue 512

then try to re-do your export steps.

if should issue persist, please reply with full error code from the ULS log about the specific part.

Regards,
    Aries

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, May 27, 2013 7:13 AM
  • I have tried what you said but I am still having issues.  It doesn't seem to be the same issue in the ULS Logs.  Now I am getting the message "WatsonRC is currently unavailable. Error Reporting will still work properly." 

Monday, June 3, 2013 8:04 PM
  • Hi NicoleH23,

from the error message seems there is a CRL issue, but I am not quite sure, it cause the error code such as fatal error of array index out of bounds.

for the watsonRC issue, you might want to check on this :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936707/en-us?wa=wsignin1.0

Regards,
    Aries

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 2:45 AM
  • I tried what you suggested but no change.  I looked at the logs again not sure if this helps but right before the watsonrc issue there was the below that came up as well.

SqlCommand: 'dbo.proc_MIP_GetObjectUpdates'     CommandType: StoredProcedure CommandTimeout: 0     Parameter: '@RETURN_VALUE' Type: Int Size: 0 Direction: ReturnValue Value: ''     Parameter: '@Version' Type: BigInt Size: 0 Direction: Input Value: '52'     Parameter: '@CurrentVersion' Type: BigInt Size: 0 Direction: Output Value: ''

Tuesday, June 4, 2013 9:58 PM
  • Hi NicoleH23,

I would like to suggest these last steps, and if the issue should be persist that is the export still failed, I will suggest you to open a professional case to us, then we will capture the TTT trace, so we can debug the process that happened on your environment while exporting.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2716889

these are the last 3 steps:

1st steps, double check the permission and steps to export:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-001/access-help/export-a-table-or-query-to-a-sharepoint-site-HA001230314.aspx

2nd step, to clear cache:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jamesway/archive/2011/05/23/sharepoint-2010-clearing-the-configuration-cache.aspx

3rd steps, re-run configuration wizard, that is from the start menu program folder.

Regards,
    Aries

Wednesday, June 5, 2013 2:00 AM