enable/disable tv RRS feed

• Question

• because of problem with my asus lcd monitor,(when booting shows "out of range"), I want to disable monitor2 - (TV). I just don t now how to disable TV in windows7. Also I want to know does W7 have RUN command like XP. best regards. srdjan.
    Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:16 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I would like to confirm what you would like to disable, the monitor 2 or the Windows 7 TV function. How the monitor is connected and what happens if you disconnect the monitor 2. In addition, what issue is encountered?

As for the run command, you can lanuch it from Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> Run

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 6:45 AM
  • Hi,

I would like to confirm what you would like to disable, the monitor 2 or the Windows 7 TV function. How the monitor is connected and what happens if you disconnect the monitor 2. In addition, what issue is encountered?

As for the run command, you can lanuch it from Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> Run

Vivian Xing - MSFT

Hi, thanks for answering me

I have conected TV as monitor 2 on W7. When I turn on my PC, my first monitor (asus) , when booting shows "out of range". I don t see four different windows on my monitor asus, that is visible on TV. That problem is probably becouse my asus monitor does not support 50 hz and can t booting together simultaneously with tv. For that reason I want to disable monitor 2 when I m not planning to watching TV. Windows xp have "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" which you can chek or unchek. But there is no possibility to do that in W7. I presume, if I disable monitor 2(TV), my computer will booting normaly and everything be visible on asus monitor. Also I want to prevent some possibly damaged of asus monitor. It seems that, if monitor 2 is physically conected to PC you can not disconected it by software. I just don t now how to disable monitor 2 by software. best regards. srdjan

Thursday, April 22, 2010 9:53 AM
  • I have conected TV as monitor 2 on W7. When I turn on my PC, my first monitor (asus) , when booting shows "out of range". I don t see four different windows on my monitor asus, that is visible on TV. That problem is probably becouse my asus monitor does not support 50 hz and can t booting together simultaneously with tv. For that reason I want to disable monitor 2 when I m not planning to watching TV. Windows xp have "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" which you can chek or unchek. But there is no possibility to do that in W7. I presume, if I disable monitor 2(TV), my computer will booting normaly and everything be visible on asus monitor. Also I want to prevent some possibly damaged of asus monitor. It seems that, if monitor 2 is physically conected to PC you can not disconected it by software. I just don t now how to disable monitor 2 by software. best regards. srdjan
    • Merged by Vivian Xing Friday, April 23, 2010 7:15 AM Dup
    Thursday, April 22, 2010 3:02 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for your update.

For the dual monitor configuration, please refer to the following article:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Move-windows-between-multiple-monitors

There are options to extend, duplicate or disable the display.

I also found some software that can configure the secondary monitor state on Windows startup.

http://www.dual-monitor.biz/2010/04/16/extend-desktop-at-windows-startup/

http://www.murgee.com/MurGeeMon/windows-7/dual-monitor.htm

Hope it helps.

Vivian Xing - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by Vivian Xing Thursday, April 29, 2010 7:44 AM
    Friday, April 23, 2010 3:42 AM