Monitor on my laptop is displaying funky! RRS feed

• Question

• turned on my laptop and the display of my destop is a square area in the middle of my monitor screen!! A square border of black, dead space surrounds the desktop square. 

Please somebody help!!!  I love my evening after-work computer time and this is ruining my whole Friday feel good mind-set.  I have no clue what caused this. Any info someone could share w/ me would forever be appreciated!! I just know how to turn on, point, and click!  Anybody?? Any advice?? Can anyone hear me???

Bueler....Bueler....

• Moved by tonysoper_MSFT Monday, November 14, 2011 5:05 PM wrong forum (From:TechNet Wiki Discussion)
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 12:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Did this issue happen recently? If so, I suggest you try system restore to get back to a previous good time point:

What is System Restore?

Also, have you tried to change your resolution?

1. Open Screen Resolution by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, and then, under Appearance and Personalization, clicking Adjust screen resolution.

2. Click the drop-down list next to Resolution, move the slider to the resolution which is labeled as recommended , and then click Apply.

Change your screen resolution

Alex

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Tuesday, November 22, 2011 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, November 16, 2011 6:27 AM