none
The error code returned on failure is 720"

Question

• Hi Microsoft,

I was not able to connect my reliance Pro dongle (DATA CARD) on my computer which shows as " The error code returned on failure is 720" error in event viewer and the same is working on other systems. Just want to know how to fix this issue? Can you please help me out.

Error code returned on failure is 720

• Edited by sherilkp Thursday, May 12, 2016 12:57 PM
    Thursday, May 12, 2016 12:33 PM

Answers

• Hi sherilk,

According to your description, the error code has detailed information in event viewer.

Please try these steps to repair firstly. Reset WinSocks using netsh. This command is the way of cleaning out the networking pipes and often fixes issues caused by corruption or bad Antivirus software. Run it in a console as an administrator and then restart the computer.

netsh int ip reset reset.txt

Then we could try disable or remove the Dongle drivers and re-install them.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 13, 2016 10:58 AM
  • Open  Control Panel, add remove programs, windows components, uncheck networking then reboot and after reboot do the same but this time check networking.

Run cmd write these and press enter:

netsh int ip reset reset.log
     ipconfig /flushdns

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Sunday, May 15, 2016 12:27 AM

All replies

• Error 720 is network related. You claim it is a local (USB?) data card. Please elaborate.

Best regards, George

Thursday, May 12, 2016 1:25 PM
  • Its a local USB DATA card. 

It was working on my laptop till yesterday. I got this connection failure from today.

Steps for DATA card Setup :

This data card needs to install the application. once installed, open the app and just connect.

I will get internet from the data card. This is a scenario. 

I was thinking to uninstall and re-install all my virtual adapters and see if that could help or not.

Any other leads should be appreciated.

Thanks,

Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:42 PM
  • A lot of info is missing but I think your quota is used up.

Best regards, George

Thursday, May 12, 2016 3:47 PM
  • Hi sherilk,

According to your description, the error code has detailed information in event viewer.

Please try these steps to repair firstly. Reset WinSocks using netsh. This command is the way of cleaning out the networking pipes and often fixes issues caused by corruption or bad Antivirus software. Run it in a console as an administrator and then restart the computer.

netsh int ip reset reset.txt

Then we could try disable or remove the Dongle drivers and re-install them.

Hope it will be helpful to you.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 13, 2016 10:58 AM
  • Open  Control Panel, add remove programs, windows components, uncheck networking then reboot and after reboot do the same but this time check networking.

Run cmd write these and press enter:

netsh int ip reset reset.log
     ipconfig /flushdns

S.Sengupta, Windows Experience MVP

Sunday, May 15, 2016 12:27 AM
  • Please check of your quota (amount of data per month) is used up

Best regards, George

Sunday, May 15, 2016 10:27 AM