none
Bitlocker drive encryption not available in windows 10 pro

Question

• Hi Guys I did bitlocker drive encryption few months back in my pc but from some days its not showing its unlocking option. Infact bitlocker drive encryption option is not available in control panel. Did any update in windows 10 removed this feature which I do not know?

Please guide. What should I do? Have a look on pics

Saturday, March 4, 2017 1:54 AM

All replies

• Windows 10 problems are more appropriately discussed in one of the Windows 10 forums found @ https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?category=Windows10ITPro as this is a Windows 7 forum for discussion specifically about the Windows 7 operating system!

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Sunday, March 5, 2017 8:09 PM
  • Hi,

I want to confirm that what version of Windows 10 have you used?

If you are using Windows 10, BitLocker is not supported.

Thank you for understanding.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 6, 2017 6:36 AM
  • Hi, 

As I know, BitLocker is not supported in Windows 10 Home Edition. 

Please right click the Windows icon and choose System to see your Windows Edition.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 7, 2017 8:35 AM
  • Saturday, March 11, 2017 6:19 AM
  • Hi,

This article could give you some ideas, please refer to the link:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/mvpawardprogram/2016/01/12/securing-windows-10-with-bitlocker-drive-encryption/

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 9:27 AM
  • Hi Engr, 

If you have Recovery key saved from your last system, try these repair steps:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee523219(v=ws.10).aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 20, 2017 9:37 AM
  • Hi Kate I did the repair setup but after 1% it failed to decrypt and now my both derives are locked lol

• Edited by Engr Ali Thursday, March 23, 2017 5:13 AM
    Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:01 AM
  • Bitlocker only work in Windows 10 Professional and Enterprise, and you need to save the recovey key or if in your machine use TPM 1.2 or latter you can configure TPM to manage your Recovey Key.

Can you use the command below to check if your bitlocker was active.

Click Windows button and write CMD (run as administrator) > in CMD use this command to check your bitlocker. manage-bde -status

If you prefer you can use manage-bde /?   and check another options for example (turn on, turn off, etc..).

Regards,

Wednesday, April 12, 2017 4:12 PM