App-V 5.0 SP2 Shell Extensions and Sequencing? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to sequence Browser add-ons such as Java, Flash, and Silverlight as per the SP2 update:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/virtualvibes/archive/2013/07/11/shell-extensions-and-runtimes-with-5-0-sp2-sequencer.aspx

However, when I sequence, none of the add-ons seems to get added to the appvmanifest.xml as described here and they don't get launched when the Native IE is started. If I do the old runvirtual method it works however.

Am I doing something wrong or missing a setting to capture this information? Can someone recommend a step-by-step for this process?

I have app-v 4.6 SP2 sequencer on a Windows 2008 R2 VM. These packages will be deployed to a Citrix XenApp environment.

Thanks,

-Justin Grote

-- Justin Grote Sr. Systems Engineer En Pointe Global Services

Monday, December 16, 2013 11:31 PM

All replies

• How are you publishing the package? It needs to be published globally.

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful" on the post that answers your question (or click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question). This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Twitter: @stealthpuppy | Blog: stealthpuppy.com | The Definitive Guide to Delivering Microsoft Office with App-V

• Proposed as answer by znack Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:33 AM
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:16 AM
  • See

http://www.applepie.se/app-v-5-and-virtual-extensions

Falko

Twitter @kirk_tn   |   Blog kirxblog   |   Web kirx.org   |   Fireside appvbook.com

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:48 AM
  • Get-AppvClientApplication | fl

ApplicationId   : [{ProgramFilesX64}]\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Name            : Internet Explorer with Adobe Flash Player 11
    Version         : 10.0.9200.16618
    TargetPath      : [{ProgramFilesX64}]\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    EnabledForUser  : False
    EnabledGlobally : True

I did publish it globally. Here's the appvmanifest.xml for the package.

-- Justin Grote Sr. Systems Engineer En Pointe Global Services

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:59 PM
  • Hello,
    If you open Internet Explorer and check the Managed addons - are the addons visible?

Nicke Källén | The Knack| Twitter: @Znackattack

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 7:30 AM