none
Devloping in the cloud... Is it possible?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

Need your suggestions please

If we have poor machinewith insuffecint harware and we want to develope  custom soultions that require  hige specifications harware and software and We havn't the enough budget to buy new machines or upgrade our current machines my question is : Could we utilize the cloud to develope these solutions.. in other words if a soultion xyz requires lync server, share,point server, exchange server... are these

Best regards 

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:06 AM

Answers

• Hi,

you could, but in terms of licensing I don't know if it's really cheaper. What you could do is to use appropriate configured VMs which fit your needs. For example, you could set up a VM in Azure and install SharePoint on it, but you will need to have a SP license and you have to pay for the VM. The costs really depend on several factors.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

• Marked as answer by amalmoodle Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:23 AM
  • Hola amalmoodle!

Maybe you can use some cloud freeware in your development. There are some services you can access and develop on a cloud environment without needing to buy any software, and some have free or low cost plans so I think it is worth checking. I searched a little and found this post with a list of free cloud resources for developers. You can also maybe try looking for open-source developer tools and see what you come up with.

¡buena suerte!, Adriana

• Marked as answer by amalmoodle Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:21 PM
    Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

you could, but in terms of licensing I don't know if it's really cheaper. What you could do is to use appropriate configured VMs which fit your needs. For example, you could set up a VM in Azure and install SharePoint on it, but you will need to have a SP license and you have to pay for the VM. The costs really depend on several factors.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

• Marked as answer by amalmoodle Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:34 AM
    Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:23 AM
  • the problem is that I installed VM workstation in my laptop and when I try to install windows server 2008 64 bit.. I failed becuase the machine has no harware virtualization... and I used a  VM pathc  to bypass the  Hardware Virtualisation but with no succes ..

becuase of all of that I need to devlop in the cloud

can you offer any solution else than the expensive cloud softwares??

thanks

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 9:39 AM
  • Hola amalmoodle!

Maybe you can use some cloud freeware in your development. There are some services you can access and develop on a cloud environment without needing to buy any software, and some have free or low cost plans so I think it is worth checking. I searched a little and found this post with a list of free cloud resources for developers. You can also maybe try looking for open-source developer tools and see what you come up with.

¡buena suerte!, Adriana

• Marked as answer by amalmoodle Wednesday, August 15, 2012 7:21 PM
    Sunday, August 12, 2012 3:57 PM