none
When will Windows Server 2012 R2 be 100% compatible with Windows 10?

Question

• I have so far upgraded only one PC in our company to the new windows 10 OS and ran the connector that was distributed that same day of the release of windows 10 for Windows Server 2012 R2. Everything looked normal and installation went well, so I thought. There is no folder redirection as Group Policy is showing not applicable. The main feature of our server is group policy that allows us to log into any computer on the shop floor and still have access to our files from any computer. The connector that was released that day still shows windows 7, 8, and 8.1 as being the only operating systems allowed through the connector. Each computer linked to our server displays the client pc name, ip address, mac address, os version, service pack, and boot time. The PC with windows 10 on it, the server is recognizing as windows 8.1 still, but no group policy.

Thursday, August 06, 2015 2:19 PM

Answers

• After the client connector is available, it still requires user to manually download from download center and install on the client. There will be a fix for the automation download and installation (the same experience as before) on the Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2, currently target release of this fix is in Oct, 2015.

You guys obviously know nothing about the server operating systems your suppose to be support agents for. Must be a bunch of college kids being recruited for this position. 

Sunday, August 16, 2015 9:41 PM

All replies

• > I have so far upgraded only one PC in our company to the new windows 10
    > OS and ran the connector that was distributed that same day of the

Which "connector"???

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Mal ein gutes Buch über GPOs lesen?
    Good or bad GPOs? - my blog…
    And if IT bothers me - coke bottle design refreshment (-:
    Thursday, August 06, 2015 4:45 PM
  • https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40285

Release July 29th, 2015. I guess Microsoft does not correspond among st each other when certain fixes are released.

Monday, August 10, 2015 12:54 PM
  •  
    Thanks.

I don't believe the GP thing is an issue with this connector... Could
    you open an elevated prompt on your W10 client, run "gpreport /
    report.html" then examine this report?

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Monday, August 10, 2015 2:42 PM
  • Typo - "gpreport /h report.html" obviously...

Greetings/Grüße, Martin

Monday, August 10, 2015 3:09 PM
  • This has been an issue for some time since the release of windows 10 according to this blog below: 

The problem is that the client (by way of connector or otherwise) has constant problems with windows 10 always asking for credentials, file transfer issues, group policy is not 100%, EDGE does not sync favorites,  does not report back to the server and says that Group Policy has been implemented. this to me means that something is not right and if this is not right, what else is not right? You can see the problem I am talking about in the Sever Essentials Dashboard under the Devices tab, my machine is listed, I see green shields all round (which is great) but under group policy it says 'Not Applicable'. this is obviously wrong....

The kind of answer Microsoft should be providing:

Second issue: WMI filter named "WSE GROUP Policy WMI Filter" has to be tweaked a bit. In fact, this filter is being used by two GPOs, i.e. Folder Redirection and Security templates. This WMI filter doesn't take into account Windows 10 version's number when it does its version comparison! Why is that you say? Versy simple! Version number is expressed as a caracters string, i.e., ">= 6.1". String caracters "10.0" is lower than "6.1". isn't it?. There you go. So… To have a WMI filter that matches Windows 7 or later (including Windows 10) then you need to use the following WMI filter caracters string; select * from Win32_OperatingSystem where Version like "10.%" or Version >="6.1". So once this filter is corrected, just reissue a GPUPDATE /Force so the missing GPOs get pushed normally onto your Windows 10 workstation(s). Now, everything is back to normal...but the normal way to connect your Workstation to your Windows Server 2012 Essentials R2.

http://blogs.technet.com/b/sbs/archive/2015/07/23/client-connector-availability-with-windows-home-server-small-business-server-and-windows-server-essentials-for-supported-client-os.aspx

Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:26 PM
  • After the client connector is available, it still requires user to manually download from download center and install on the client. There will be a fix for the automation download and installation (the same experience as before) on the Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2, currently target release of this fix is in Oct, 2015.

You guys obviously know nothing about the server operating systems your suppose to be support agents for. Must be a bunch of college kids being recruited for this position. 

Sunday, August 16, 2015 9:41 PM