none
How to avoid/ bypass "File Download Dialoge Box" in IE8? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way to avoid/ bypass "File Download Dialoge Box" in IE8? Actually I have a website hosted on Windows Server at local intranet having power point slide shows (.ppsx). Clients (having Windows 7 with IE8) accessing those slide shows come across File Download prompt. There is requirement to avoid/ bypass that open/ save file popup. Please guide me to do the needful.

It is pertinent to mention that I had tried all the possible ways available at internet through google/ bing. Those inclues (but not limited to) 

- Customising IE Internet Options -> Security Settings 

- Adjusting IE Advanced Settings

- Registry Editing

- Group Policy Settings

None of these settings work at all. So please dont waste your time suggesting above stated solutions. This must be something out-of-box solution through breaking the ground.

Waiting to read from someone very genius please. 

Thursday, September 1, 2016 4:45 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Muhamad Waqas Ahmad,

Based on my knowledge and search, In Internet Explorer 10 and IE 11 Microsoft has hidden the option to automatically open files rather than prompting for you to open or save a file of that type each time you click on it. In earlier versions of IE, the open/save dialog prompt came with a checkbox option to show, or not to show the dialog again for a particular file type, but this is no longer easily available.

Please refer to the link below to modify the registry value if you have not tried.

http://9to5it.com/internet-explorer-disable-do-you-want-to-open-or-save-this-file-prompt/

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 2, 2016 8:27 AM
  • Hi Muhamad Waqas Ahmad,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved? Because the case may be closed few days later.
    If you feel the suggestion could be helpful to you, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    If no, please feel free to post back and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.
    Best regards,
    Carl Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:04 AM