Translate in Outlook 365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've a client who regularly has to communicate with Spanish speaking people via email and Translate Add-On in Outlook 365 has done the job swimmingly. This started within last month whenever email has been received in Spanish and, like before, he would right click on it choose translate, an add-on would open on the side with Spanish to English option has been selected and when Translate is clicked on the Outlook crashes and says not responding.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

M

www.maxwillsolutions.com

M-L-S

Tuesday, March 20, 2018 8:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Outlook crashing can be caused by many reasons. To eliminate whether the problem lies on the third party add-ins, we can first try opening Outlook in safe mode to see if the issue continues. Please exit Outlook, press Win key + R to open the Run command, type outlook.exe /safe and then press Enter. 

If issue continues, please try repairing Office to check the result. To do this, please go to Control Pane > Programs and Features. Right click your Office suit. Click Change and then click Repair.

What's more, we could also re-create a new profile and check if same issue occurs.

Besides, you could also check Event Viewer to get a detailed report regarding Outlook crashing so that we can do more research.

Any updates, please don't hesitate to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, March 26, 2018 1:01 AM
    Wednesday, March 21, 2018 6:57 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going on with this issue?

If there are any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 23, 2018 12:44 AM