none
DPM 2010 backup two contoso VPCs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have some Microsoft VPCs where some database files need to be backup. 

For example, DPM sits on dpm.local domain but there are three contoso VPCs which are contoso.com domain with the same name AX2012-A.

Is it possible I can use DPM 2010 to backup the database files on those three VPCs? I tried to use setdpmserver.exe command and replace the server name with IP address. Also, use IP address when attaching agent. but no luck!

any suggestions?

Regards,

Pin

Friday, October 5, 2012 12:00 PM

All replies

• From what I understand you need to use the FQDN not the IP addresses.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Sunday, October 7, 2012 8:24 PM
  • Thanks for the info. However, the two VPCs have the same FQDN, e.g. AX2012-A.contoso.com .
    Sunday, October 7, 2012 9:37 PM
  • Thanks for the info. However, the two VPCs have the same FQDN, e.g. AX2012-A.contoso.com .

I dont think that will work as you need to use FQDN not IP's but the FQDN is the same for both VPC's.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.systemcenterportal.com
    If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Monday, October 8, 2012 4:08 AM