How to devide table in word into two or more adjacent tables with redundant headers? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a table very long list of rows , but with few columns, so I want to split it in many adjacent tables with redundant headers as the following figure:

Is there any automatic way for doing so?

Thank you so much in advance,

Regards,
    Aya.

Aya Zoghby

Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:10 AM

Answers

• One possibility is to put your table in a multi-column section (i.e. a "snaking columns" section). It won't look like your example. Word won't necessarily balance the number of rows in each column exactly (obviously, in some cases, it couldn't without adding empty rows) but it will replicate the header rows.

Peter Jamieson

• Marked as answer by Max Meng Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:00 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2013 4:03 PM

All replies

• You image doesn't show up on my system, so I can't see what you're describing.

Is the use of table heading rows that automatically repeat on each page not sufficient for your purposes?

If you do need to split the table, what are the rules for how many rows (not including the heading) each table has? How many rows are in the heading?

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Thursday, April 11, 2013 7:59 PM
  • So sorry, here is the picture again:

Aya Zoghby

Friday, April 12, 2013 8:59 AM
  • What is described in your first post as 'many adjacent tables' appears to be a single table. So, which is it - many adjacent tables or a single table?

Cheers
    Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Friday, April 12, 2013 9:38 AM
  • One possibility is to put your table in a multi-column section (i.e. a "snaking columns" section). It won't look like your example. Word won't necessarily balance the number of rows in each column exactly (obviously, in some cases, it couldn't without adding empty rows) but it will replicate the header rows.

Peter Jamieson

• Marked as answer by Max Meng Wednesday, May 8, 2013 7:00 AM
    Friday, April 12, 2013 4:03 PM