none
Microsoft Community Contributor RRS feed

• Question

• I have received an email congratulating me as a Microsoft Community Contributor. I already have followed and filled all the fields required, need some approval to it appear when i log on in MSDN? Can anyone guide me on this?

Web Developer

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 2:43 PM

Answers

• Norkk, congratulations. To your question: it can take some days to be reflected in your profile.

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

• Marked as answer by Norkk Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:06 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:36 PM

All replies

• Norkk, congratulations. To your question: it can take some days to be reflected in your profile.

Hannes

If you have got questions about this, just ask.

In a perfect world,
    users would never enter data in the wrong form,
    files they choose to open would always exist
    and code would never have bugs.

C# to VB.NET: http://www.developerfusion.com/tools/convert/csharp-to-vb/

• Marked as answer by Norkk Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:06 PM
    Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:36 PM
    Thankz bro, oh i got it. So i'll wait till the MCC badge appears, have a nice day!

Please Alternate TextMark As Answer whenever a replied post satisfy your question.
    Web Developer

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:06 PM
  • Firstly, congratulations.

Secondly, good to see they're kicking the award up again.

As Hannes says, the profile updates can take a few days, mine took about a week after winning it this year and last.

Steven Andrews | SharePoint Professional | http://www.twitter.com/backpackerd00d | https://baron72.wordpress.com/

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:07 PM
  • I'm very exciting to see that my little contribution are recognized.  As i see on email, this title MCC will remain there for next three months, i hope to be qualify enough to keep this title. I expect to learn too much on this time, keep sharing my knowledge and improving their.

Please Alternate TextMark As Answer whenever a replied post satisfy your question.
    Web Developer

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 4:41 PM
  • COngrats Norkk, and also thanks for your commitment to keep learning and sharing. :-)
    I also havent seen the mcc popup next to my name yet. Probably have to wait a few days more.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Monday, October 22, 2012 9:21 AM
  • COngrats Norkk, and also thanks for your commitment to keep learning and sharing. :-)
    I also havent seen the mcc popup next to my name yet. Probably have to wait a few days more
    Thankz, congrats for you too! Let's keep making this comunnity a better place :). I still waiting for my MCC badge too, i hope it comes soon.

If you get your question answered, please come back and Alternate TextMark As Answer.
    Web Developer

Monday, October 22, 2012 3:29 PM
  • Should it take so longer? Since i awarded MCC, i awarded too Partner and it already appears in my account, is this some kind of bug?

If you get your question answered, please come back and Alternate TextMark As Answer.
    Web Developer

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:19 PM
  • same here mate.

Bob Cornelissen - BICTT (My Blog about SCOM) - MVP 2012 and Microsoft Community Contributor 2011 + 2012 Recipient

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:31 PM
  • same here mate.

I've already contacted the MCC team, and this is what i got:

We are currently looking into the issue and will update you when we have more information.

Web Developer

Friday, October 26, 2012 6:43 PM
  • I received this email from the MCC team:

"Thanks for your mail and congratulations on your award!  Some Microsoft Community Contributors were encountering an issue of not seeing their online profile badge,  if you are not seeing the badge at this time it should be updated to appear next week. We apologize for the delay in providing your recognition. Thank you for your patience. Although it sounds like you are now able to see your badge fine."

Web Developer

Monday, October 29, 2012 11:05 AM
  • Did you get that email today? (I mean it says "next week", so its good to know if that is this week or the one after this one :-))

Monday, October 29, 2012 11:31 AM
  • Actually i have received this email a Friday, so i hope to see the MCC bagde this week.

Web Developer

Monday, October 29, 2012 11:49 AM
  • Until now, nothing, still waiting for the bagde.

Web Developer

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:44 AM
  • Did you try asking again? Here is what FAQ says

Q12. What comes with being a Microsoft Community Contributor?

A12. Within the community that you are recognized, you will automatically have a “MCC” badge placed next to your name. This showcases your status within the community. Additionally, those recognized will receive a communication from Microsoft alerting you to your new status as well as an opportunity to list your profile on the official www.microsoftcommunitycontributor.com website.

So, it is supposed to appear right away automatically, however, about a month passed and I don't see any badge.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, November 2, 2012 4:48 AM
  • same here Naomi. No badge.

Friday, November 2, 2012 6:48 AM
  • Hi

Recently (October 16) I got rewarded with the MCC badge, but it is not showing on my profile.

I just wanted to know, how long does it take to get activated?

Thanks.

• Edited by irusul Friday, November 2, 2012 2:22 PM
    • Merged by Hasham NiazModerator Friday, November 2, 2012 3:51 PM Similar thread
    Friday, November 2, 2012 2:21 PM
  • Lots of people still don't show the badge. But I was very surprised yesterday when I saw a person with 4 total answers and 4 helpful votes having showing that title. I am wondering if there may be some other forums where this person participates because otherwise that award has no sense.

BTW, I don't get reply on my last e-mail to coordinator and I didn't get reply on my previous inquiry. I was trying to figure out if my very first award was given that late because the first e-mail ended in SPAM folder.

My blog

Friday, November 2, 2012 3:39 PM
  • Did you send e-mail to MCC coordinator? I think the more people send the request, the sooner it shows. 

My blog

Friday, November 2, 2012 3:49 PM
  • Thanks, Hasham. I thought that someone deleted that thread and was about to investigate!

My blog

Friday, November 2, 2012 4:06 PM
  • Thank you Hasham for merging the thread.

Naomi, thank you for your help.

Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:59 AM
  • Last friday received this through email from the mcc team:

Thanks for your mail and congratulations on your award!  We are aware of a small number of MCCs not seeing their Microsoft Community Contributor online profile badges.  We
    are currently looking into having this corrected and will update you when we have more information. We apologize for the delay in providing your recognition.
    <o:p></o:p>

Monday, November 5, 2012 4:15 PM
  • Right, I even get a better response:

First, I wanted to address the question pertaining to the badge not appearing in the community.  With the new re-launch of the Microsoft Community Contributor badge, we are steadily adding the badge next to the names of those who’ve received the recognition.  In the process of this change, there was a small operational bug that prevented a limited number of Microsoft Community Contributors from seeing the badge.  A member of our team has personally taken to remedy this issue as soon as possible.  This, hands down, is our top priority, because it’s a primary component of being recognized.

-----------

So, apparently someone is working on this problem, but perhaps the problem is hard to solve. Still, for all affected recipients it's quite unfortunate if the badge is the only recognition and even that badge can not be shown.

My blog

Monday, November 5, 2012 5:07 PM
  • Hy All,

Also I few days ago I sent an email and asked for clarification on the fact that I did not see in my profile, MCC, and written by Naomi confirm what we have to be patient :) and congratulations on your MCC award.

Bye

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 9:51 AM
  • Apparently, the only thing we can do is wait. The only thing that i want to know is, the 3 months of MCC will count from the day of email has coming, or when the badges come?

Web Developer

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Hy Norkk,

According to what I understand, when you receive the email confirmation of recognition, and not when you find the badge on your profile.

Bye.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 1:55 PM
  • I believe it's from the day of the e-mail. So, this is really bad bug. Perhaps you can send one more e-mail to coordinator. 

My blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 5:44 PM
  • Already sent another email, let's wait. I'm a kind disappointed with this bug.

Web Developer

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:09 PM
  • Hy Norkk,

ok , waiting for news :)

Bye

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 12:23 PM
  • I am disappointed as well especially seeing this badge on people who I never would thought deserve it.

My blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 1:40 PM
  • I am disappointed as well especially seeing this badge on people who I never would thought deserve it.

My blog

Hi Naomi !

You shouldn't be feeling disappointed by any means. We are here to help around people, badge and awards are just complimentary, people who are regularly active in technical Forums already knows about us and how much time we spent to help out the Community. Besides this Ed and Other MS Employees have very nice regards for all of us.

I would like to take advantage of this thread and ask you, if you would like to be Moderator here as i need some help in Moderating this Forum. Just asking you because of your busy schedule i know. Would feel very glad if you accept this.

Always nice to see you help out the Community.

One Suggestion : There needs to be a voting procedure to Identify "Helpful People" so they can be recognized and identified amongst the community. These votes should be based on contribution we have made for online community.

Please let me know if this doesn’t work for you. Hope I have answered you correctly.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:22 PM
  • Hello Hasham Niaz,

you have my availability if you want a moderator, I accept it gladly, count on me.

Bye

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:39 PM
  • Hi Hasham,

Sure, I'd love to be a moderator in this forum also. I already moderate Forum's issues and Suggestions and Feedback forums.

My blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:45 PM
  • True for your suggestion Hasham. There could be some method to identify helpful people. However we also see that the Vote As Helpful options for posts in a thread to the left are also not used as much.

I do see where Naomi is coming from as there seem to be some people where you can hardly find out what the reason is they got MCC. I mean with some people you can see they have a large number of replies and answers in a short amount of time and that earns them an MCC. But when looking at some profiles you cant see any reason, no contributions to be found anywhere. But it can be possible there are some invisible ways, or perhaps some small bugs in the process somewhere.

Like you said we basically do not participate just to gain an MCC or MVP or moderator status or whatever. We do it because we like to help and have fun in the community (forums, blogs, galleries, answers, and so on). But being humans it is nice to get some attention back such as MCC or some other way. We know that guys like Ed and others do see the main contributors of course. This also reflects sometimes in MS employees asking us to participate in moderations of certain forums out here. Which is fun to do as well.

Lets first see what happens with the mcc badge :-)

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:49 PM
  • Hi Hasham,

Sure, I'd love to be a moderator in this forum also. I already moderate Forum's issues and Suggestions and Feedback forums.

You deserve it, congratz!

Web Developer

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:50 PM
  • O and I also have no problems helping out at times on other forums for moderation. Just let me know.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 3:55 PM
  • I'm already try to moderate C# forums, but without any response :/, i think is that because have too many moderators, or am i not qualify enough.

Web Developer

Wednesday, November 7, 2012 4:06 PM
  • Hi Hasham,

My blog

Hi Naomi !

Have submitted your request. Hopefully you will hear good news on this soon.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Thursday, November 8, 2012 7:26 AM
  • Thanks, Hasham.

My blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012 1:17 PM
  • I'm gave up to receive my badge. More then 1 month that i receive the email warning about the MCC, and since that, i'm waiting for the badge.

Web Developer

Monday, November 12, 2012 11:58 AM
  • Looks like you got it!

Now only me and Hasham seem to be without the badge yet. 

My blog

HI Naomi !

Yeah, i can see most of the people have their MCC badge available against their profile. As far as we both are concerned we just have the email from MCC to prove the fact that we are Awarded MCC on the first day of program resumption.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 4:35 AM
  • Yes thanks for pointing it out. I guess this will be the week everything will start moving. Hope you receive the badge soon Naomi and Hasham!

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:49 AM
  • Hy Naomi,

Will you send e-mail to me or to address in that message above?

no , i  intended to send a message to MCCGA@microsoft.com, :) , I apologize for the inconvenience.

Bye.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:06 PM
  • No problem, I don't mind getting an e-mail from you too.

You may mention me in your e-mail and you can mention Hasham as well.

My blog

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:08 PM
  • Hy Naomi,

No problem, I don't mind getting an e-mail from you too.

You may mention me in your e-mail and you can mention Hasham as well.

sure , via linkedin with the name you see on the profile of the Forum,

Bye

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:17 PM
  • half an hour ago I got an email from MCCGA asking me to confirm if I can see the MCC badge now.

Tuesday, November 13, 2012 11:03 PM
  • I got the same e-mail answering my previous email (not the latest), so I responded that I do not see it.

My blog

Hi Naomi !

Do i also need to submit a bug to MCC Team so they can fix it out. I thought they might be fixing it for all affected users.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:14 AM
  • Hy Naomi,

I got the same e-mail answering my previous email (not the latest), so I responded that I do not see it.

I received the same email confirmation but in any case not display the badge on your profile.

Bye

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 5:31 AM
  • I receive the same email of confirmation, but now i can see my badge.

Web Developer

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 11:16 AM
  • Looks like it was resolved now for us as well. I can see MCC near the names who responded in that thread.

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:15 PM
  • Hy Naomi,

Looks like it was resolved now for us as well. I can see MCC near the names who responded in that thread.

yes , I also now see on the badge on the profile for a few minutes :)

Bye.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:17 PM
  • However, I still don't see it for a few deserving folks in Transact-SQL forum. So, they were either left out or never complained.

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:19 PM
  • Hy Naomi,

However, I still don't see it for a few deserving folks in Transact-SQL forum. So, they were either left out or never complained.

I received an email which explained that it was being updated, probably is only a matter of time, in order to fix the bug.

Bye.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:22 PM
  • I didn't get e-mail yet.

My blog

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:24 PM
  • Hy Naomi,

I didn't get e-mail yet.

This and that and wrote:

Hello Carmelo,

Thanks for your mail. We have another update coming tonight Which Should correct by the morning. Please check your profile tomorrow and let us know if you dont see the badge by end of day tomorrow.

Best Regards,

MCC Global Administrator
    mccga@microsoft.com

Bye.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 10:27 PM
  • I think the problem is now mostly fixed, but I still see a few people in SQL forum who, in my opinion, deserve the status, but don't show it. It is hard to figure out if they were left out by mistake or still experience this problem.

My blog

Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:47 PM
  • Hi Hasham,

My blog

Hi Naomi !

Have submitted your request. Hopefully you will hear good news on this soon.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Hi Naomi !

Just to let you know, if you are wondering what happened to my request. It's turn down for some other reasons. I have been advised to not bring such proposals before consultation.

I regret the inconvenience made for everyone.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Saturday, November 17, 2012 10:42 PM
  • Sure, e-mail me, please. First letter of my first name + my last name at gmail dot com.

My blog

Sunday, November 18, 2012 12:12 AM
  • Sure, e-mail me, please. First letter of my first name + my last name at gmail dot com.

My blog

I have sent you an email. Just let me know if you don't get it by now.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Sunday, November 18, 2012 1:15 AM