Sharepoint 2007 MemberShip & Bdc Import Idle RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a SSP which is configured and set to import User profiles from a SQL Database using BDC Connection.

It was all running fine from a year, but suddenly my bdc connection stopped and never shows "Enumerating".(Always Idle).

I am able to import AD profiles but my Membership and Bdc import never starts. (not able to see any People_DL_Import) I have searched for a work around thoroughly and found to stop/start these services:

•  Windows Sharepoint Timer Service
    •  Office Sharepoint Server Search Service (Indexing)
    •  Reset content source crawl
    •  Even restarted the server

But, no use..i still find that the BDC Connection is idle even after i start a Full Import Some body please help me on this, as my portal has so much dependency for what i import into my userprofiles.

Thanks for your support in advance

• Edited by jamkr Tuesday, December 6, 2011 2:34 AM
    Monday, December 5, 2011 5:17 PM

Answers

• Hi there,

You can  check the following settings:

In "Personalization services permissions", make sure that the MOSS Search Service Account has "Manage Audiences" and "Manage User Profiles" rights.

In "Business Data Catalog permissions", make sure that the MOSS Search Service Account has "Execute" rights for the Entity used above.

Gregg

MSFT

Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:10 PM

All replies

• Hi jamkr,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Thursday, December 8, 2011 10:11 AM
  • Hi there,

You can  check the following settings:

In "Personalization services permissions", make sure that the MOSS Search Service Account has "Manage Audiences" and "Manage User Profiles" rights.

In "Business Data Catalog permissions", make sure that the MOSS Search Service Account has "Execute" rights for the Entity used above.

Gregg

MSFT

Thursday, March 29, 2012 7:10 PM