none
Random web pages displaying in foreign languages. Stumped RRS feed

• Question

• Hello - I have a user here at our company using IE 11.  Occasionally they will go to random websites (MSN, etc) and the text of articles or adds will show up in non-English languages.  But then the next time they visit the site, it's back to English.  Or when they go to a USA based site, it will redirect them to a different region/foreign language version of the site (Japan Airlines in USA Region/English will send them to JapanAirlines.co.jp with Japanese language text).  On her Windows 10 Enterprise machine, her local region is set to United States and the language is English US.  Oddly enough, if she goes to google.com it stays and doesn't send her a google.com overseas site.

I'm thinking this could be a Windows thing as this also happens occasionally to random websites in FireFox.  Though I also checked all the language settings in FF and everything is as it should be.  I also ran a Malware scan and nothing was detected.

Any thoughts?

Tuesday, April 25, 2017 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

For more help, post back with the EXACT address (copy and paste from the IE Address bar) of the web site that is appearing in the wrong language.. Also post a screen shot if possible. Also include her windows version, as 10 is different from 7.

You could try

InPrivate Mode... some web sites may be storing language preferences in cookies.... eg. mytimes.com. Tools>InPrivate Browsing

The first step in troubleshooting web browser issues is to test in noAddons mode(or InPrivate Mode)... for IE go Start>Run>iexplore.exe -extoff [url]

Possibly....

Tools>Manage Addons>Accelerators.... find and disable the Google or Bing translation accelerators.

Are any other 'Translation' Addons installed? (try disabling them).. the google toolbar has translation features.

The accept header is populated from the browser languages list in IE.... Tools>Internet Options>General tab, Languages. It would be expected that she has en-us at the top of the list.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions.

Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:15 AM