none
Collection of all valid registry-tweaks for DPM? RRS feed

• Question

• Since there are many settings that doesn't have GUI or CLI representation, nor are they prepopulated in the registry;

Can I find a collection of all valid registry-tweaks, an ugly registry-export from someone, or  maybe even a documented page on all these settings? 

Ivarson

Thursday, April 12, 2012 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Ivarson,

I have not seen anything like this. It is a good idea though. This would be helpful.

My Blog | www.buchatech.com | www.dpm2010.com

If you found this post helpful, please give it a "Helpful" vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an "Answer". This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights! Always test ANY suggestion in a test environment before implementing!

Friday, April 13, 2012 4:38 AM
  • Might I ask how many additional registry-settings (roughly) you've added?

Ivarson

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 9:44 PM
  • That is a great idea. But as there is no response yet there might not be a comprehensive list yet. So in my opinion it would be really great if we could use this thread to simply collect those that people know. That way we could create such a list. At least in my case I would love to put something like that together and put it on my blog. It would make it so much more fun to work with SCDPM :-)

I have found several list on the net but they focus on specific things. In addition most reg keys I found were directly within forums or when specific problems were discussed and quite often it was by chance that I found them:

for example for SCDPM 2010:

the following link shows reg keys for optimizing/scaling clients: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg513857.aspx

the following link shows reg keys for Auto Re-Run settings: http://blogs.technet.com/b/dpm/archive/2010/02/16/dpm-2010-helping-you-meet-slas-with-less-effort.aspx

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 11:28 AM