none
Down load Internet Explorer on desk top and load it on lap top RRS feed

• Question

• Internet Explorer not working on desk top,  Can I download it on my desk too, load it on a thumb drive and install it on my lap top?  If not, how do I reinstall Explorer on lap top?

Friday, June 21, 2013 10:02 PM

Answers

• how do I reinstall Explorer on lap top?

Always disclose your OS when you are asking for help with IE.   E.g. if your OS is W8, then no, you can not reinstall IE.   In that case, it would be best to also describe what "not working" means because there may be some specific symptom remediation which would be possible and less disruptive than trying to "repair" IE.  

In all other cases, IE is not a separate program; it is a component of your OS and changes its "level" via updates to your OS.  So, if you happen to have a higher level of IE than came installed in your base OS a possible repair opportunity would be uninstalling the update which brought you that level.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:05 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• I am submitter Explorer not working on lap top.
    Friday, June 21, 2013 10:03 PM
  • Of course you can.  I am not sure which version but you can got to TechNet to download it.

Internet Explorer 9 Downloads ( http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/gg663895.aspx )

Friday, June 21, 2013 10:18 PM
  • how do I reinstall Explorer on lap top?

Always disclose your OS when you are asking for help with IE.   E.g. if your OS is W8, then no, you can not reinstall IE.   In that case, it would be best to also describe what "not working" means because there may be some specific symptom remediation which would be possible and less disruptive than trying to "repair" IE.  

In all other cases, IE is not a separate program; it is a component of your OS and changes its "level" via updates to your OS.  So, if you happen to have a higher level of IE than came installed in your base OS a possible repair opportunity would be uninstalling the update which brought you that level.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:05 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I also suggest you try the following steps:

1. You can run Internet Explorer (No Add-ons) to troubleshoot the issue.

1. Open Start Menu, then click all programs, select Accessories, open the  system tools;

2. Right-click Internet Explorer(No Add-ons), run as Administrator.

2. Reset Internet Explorer settings and see how it works.

3. Test issue in Clean Boot mode and Safe Mode with networking

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:15 AM