Setting automatic Updates for all computers in WSUS RRS feed

• Question

• I work in the IT department for a law firm, and have WSUS up and running on one of our backup servers.  We have all employee computers in WSUS and showing up and grouped.  We need to show reporting of automatic updates done to the auditors, so I am trying to figure out how to set it up so all computers registered in WSUS on the backupserver will automatically receive and download windows updates at a specified downtime.  I have tried googling around but have found various types of answer, and am not sure which to go with.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks in advance!

Friday, December 2, 2016 1:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Jerdwyer,

If your WSUS clients are domain joined, then, we may use GPO to configure automatic update, then apply the GPO for WSUS clients. The GPO path is as follow:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components >Windows Update: Configure Automatic updates, for your requirements, you may choose option 4, auto download and schedule the installation:

If the clients are not domain joined, then we need to configure the AU policies locally on WSUS clients' local group policy, the path is same with GPO.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 5, 2016 3:03 AM
  • Hi,

Could the above reply be of help, if yes, you may mark useful reply as answer, if not, feel free to feedback.

Best Regards,

Anne

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 19, 2016 2:23 AM