Remote App through Gateway RRS feed

• Question

• Just updated to RD Client 8.1.   I can connect through a RD Gateway to a single computer well enough.  

When I point 'Work Resources' to my published apps, the icons appear as they should in the application.  When I select a published application, it will ask me for the gateway credentials (and never save them when I tell it to) and then tries to connect.

The connection will time out, and the app will never be displayed.  

Server 2012 for the RD Server and Gateway.  Fully updated iOS and RD Client 8.1.

Can I have 8.08 back?  Please?

Thursday, September 11, 2014 2:41 PM

Answers

• I fixed the issue. 

The system was previously configured with SHA1 SSL certificates for all of the services, and deployment roles: Web Access, Broker, and Gateway.

I made a new UCC cert, with SANs for my external gateway domain, and internal brokers and RD servers.  Once the proper SSL cert was installed with an SHA2 algorithm, my 0X03000008 and connection disappeard and the system works as expected.

• Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Monday, September 15, 2014 5:21 AM
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:58 PM

All replies

• I fixed the issue. 

The system was previously configured with SHA1 SSL certificates for all of the services, and deployment roles: Web Access, Broker, and Gateway.

I made a new UCC cert, with SANs for my external gateway domain, and internal brokers and RD servers.  Once the proper SSL cert was installed with an SHA2 algorithm, my 0X03000008 and connection disappeard and the system works as expected.

• Marked as answer by Jeremy_Wu Monday, September 15, 2014 5:21 AM
    Thursday, September 11, 2014 7:58 PM
  • Hi,

Glad to hear that the issue has been resolved.

Cheers.

Jeremy Wu

TechNet Community Support

Monday, September 15, 2014 5:22 AM