Copy as Path missing RRS feed

• Question

• I'm helping a user paste a list of files from Explorer into Excel but her machine doesn't have Copy Path As option listed when holding the Shift key + Right clicking the mouse.  Is there a patch or hotfix that will fix this? 
    Monday, October 3, 2016 6:20 PM

Answers

• There's a utility (which also works on Windows 7) here http://www.askvg.com/how-to-get-windows-vista-and-7s-copy-as-path-option-in-windows-xp-context-menu/

May be of use if you can't get the native functionality to work.

Ian Broadbent

• Marked as answer by MikeK321 Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:23 PM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 5:58 AM
  • Glad to hear this issue has been solved. Thanks for sharing, I will introduce this experience to other forum users who face the same condition:)

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MikeK321 Monday, March 13, 2017 2:04 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:55 AM

All replies

• There's a utility (which also works on Windows 7) here http://www.askvg.com/how-to-get-windows-vista-and-7s-copy-as-path-option-in-windows-xp-context-menu/

May be of use if you can't get the native functionality to work.

Ian Broadbent

• Marked as answer by MikeK321 Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:23 PM
    Tuesday, October 4, 2016 5:58 AM
  • Thank you! 
    Wednesday, October 5, 2016 12:24 PM
  • Glad to hear this issue has been solved. Thanks for sharing, I will introduce this experience to other forum users who face the same condition:)

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by MikeK321 Monday, March 13, 2017 2:04 PM
    Thursday, October 6, 2016 7:55 AM