Can not import virtual machine templates, no library severs listed. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After installing VMMSSP 2.0 and got all services up and running i can not import virtual machine templates. The pull-down lists stay empty, The "Virtual Machine Manager Self-Service Portal 2.0" service is running on the same server as the web component and there are no indications of errors in the event log. I can without any problem connect through the local installed "SCVMM Admin Console" to the SCVMM server.

I can not find any error or error log indicating whats wrong.

Any advice on this matter is welcome.

Kind regards

Alexander

Monday, November 15, 2010 11:58 AM

Answers

• I had the same problem when I followed the PDF document on the private cloud site.  It's missing a step.  If you follow the documentation on the download page then you'll see that you need to configure the SSP 2.0 service account up as an administrator in VMM.  Once I did that the problem was resolved for me.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Alexander,

Can you check following 3 things and let me know the results.

(1) It seems FQDN name of VMM Server name is not specified correctly. Can you check? (Steps -> VMMSSP2 portal ->Setting tab -> Configure datacenter management-> check FQDN name of server. You can also verify by pinging VMMServer machine.

(2) On Server machine  -> Open Windows Powershell - Virtual machine manager command prompt -> try to access VMM server by executing command as get-VMMServer -Computername <FQDN name of your VMMServer>

(3) Also try to access VMM library servers by executing command as Get-LibraryServer

If VMMServer/Library servers are accessible from Server (Engine) machine then you should be able to receive results from 2 and 3.   Let me know your findings for all 3 points.

Thanks,

Monday, November 15, 2010 8:33 PM
  • I had the same problem when I followed the PDF document on the private cloud site.  It's missing a step.  If you follow the documentation on the download page then you'll see that you need to configure the SSP 2.0 service account up as an administrator in VMM.  Once I did that the problem was resolved for me.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 7:58 PM
  • Hi Joe,

I've noticed this before too only to later find in the Deployment Guide this listed under the "Accounts and Groups for the Self-Service Portal User Roles" section. 

Thanks,

Mike

Thursday, November 18, 2010 4:07 PM
  • Tnx

I configured the account information in the SCVMM and now it works for that part :)

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:19 PM