none
Internet Explorer 11, automatic download not enabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a VBScript where I used InternetExploere.Application Object.

CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")

After that, I am navigation to one login page and filling userID and Password and submitting the form.

I can able to login successfully. From that page, I have to take one Value, base on that I am generating a URL for download a file.

I can able to generate the URL and navitage to that path. Then Internet Explorer poping up Do you want to save or open the file.

Its not downloading automatically. I am using send keys and all. Sometime working fine but sometimes not working.

I wanted to change the internet explorer options to automatically download somehow. So that i will not face this problem again and again.

Please help me how I can change the internet explorer options to turn automatic download on.

I am using Internet Explorer 11 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:51 AM

Answers

• Hi,

File>Properties will show you which IE security zone a website is mapped to.

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, will show you what the settings for downloaded files are for that security zone/domain.

Server versions of Windows running IE use an Enhanced security setting for the default security zone settings.... only domains that are mapped to the Intranet or Trusted sites zone allow downloads of 'safe' file types without prompt.

It is unwise to use server versions of windows to casually browse the web and download potentially unsafe files. You should not alter the IE Security zone settings for the Internet or Trusted sites zones.

You could add the download domain to your server's IE's Trusted sites list...

use a *(star) notation for the domain eg. *.microsoft.com not https://microsoft.com

It sounds like you are trying to implement an Intranet CDN? Can you give some more details?... particuarly the type of file (extension) and (if publicly accessible) a sample download url?

Regards.

Rob^_^

Thursday, July 21, 2016 1:13 AM