Outlook From list not saving addresses RRS feed

• Question

• The From list in Outlook is not saving and retaining the addresses added. Normally you'd click 'Other Email Address...' then once you have typed in the address it should add to the list in the From drop down box.

This works fine if you only have one email account in your Outlook profile however if you have a Outlook profile with multiple email accounts (e.g. @domain.com, @domain1.com) it doesn't save the addresses in the From list.

Monday, June 1, 2020 11:00 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? If so, what specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?
    What's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version.

>>however if you have a Outlook profile with multiple email accounts (e.g. @domain.com, @domain1.com) it doesn't save the addresses in the From list.
    Can this issue be reproduced if you add other multiple personal email accounts in your profiles?
    Do other users in your working environment have the same issue?

I tested a lot in my environment but could not reproduced your issue. In order to conduct further researches on your issue, please try the following suggestions:

1. There could be some add-ins in your Outlook client that cause this issue, so it is suggested to start your Outlook in safe mode (Press Win + R, type “outlook /safe”, press Enter.) and see if the issue continues.
    2. Does this issue only happen to specific profile? If so, corrupted profiles may lead this issue, please try creating and using a new Outlook profile via Control Panel > Mail > Show profile and see if there is any difference.
    3. As I know, corrupted Registry key may also cause issues like this. Please try to exit your Outlook and open the Registry Editor > Navigate to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0 > Right-click the Outlook folder > Rename it as Outlook1 > Restart your Outlook and see if it works.

(Note: Serious problems can occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Before making changes, back up the registry to restore it in case something goes wrong.)

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 2:51 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

"Is this a problem that has only recently occurred? If so, what specific operations did you do before this problem occurred?" No

"What's the version of your Outlook? (File > Office Account > About Outlook). Please make sure you have upgraded your Outlook to the latest version." Version 1908 (Build 11929.20776 Click-to-Run) Semi-annual Channel

"Do other users in your working environment have the same issue?" Yes

I have tried the your suggestions and unfortunately this hasn't resolved the issue.

I raised a support ticket with Microsoft and was told this is a product limitation? 

• Edited by IT_ENG Tuesday, June 2, 2020 3:53 PM
    Tuesday, June 2, 2020 11:45 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

>>"Do other users in your working environment have the same issue?" Yes
    Is there any users who can successfully add addresses to the From drop down list when having multiple email accounts in one profile? If so, in order to conduct further researches on your issue, please compare your and their Outlook version and try to revert your Outlook to their normal version and see if the issue has any difference.

Besides, according to your description and test results, it seems that this issue may indeed be related to the Outlook version but I have not find any official documents explaining this issue so far. Please keep an eye on the announcement or update from Microsoft. Thanks for your patience.

Hope this issue can be resolved soon.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 4, 2020 6:32 AM
  • Hi Jeff,

Please can you confirm you have tested this with multiple domains (e.g. @domain.com, @domain1.com) in a single Outlook profile? and it works as expected? example the From list in Outlook retains the addresses added (Click 'Other Email Address...' then once you have typed in the address it should add to the list in the From drop down box.)

This works fine if you only have a single domain in your Outlook profile with multiple email addresses. 

• Edited by IT_ENG Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:39 AM
    Tuesday, June 9, 2020 8:36 AM
  • Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

>> Please can you confirm you have tested this with multiple domains (e.g. @domain.com, @domain1.com) in a single Outlook profile? and it works as expected?
    I do have tested in my environment (Version 2005 Build 12827.20268) with the same steps like you mentioned, and it works as expected like below.

Hope this can be helpful.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Wednesday, June 10, 2020 5:52 AM
  • Hi ,

Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. If you have any further updates on this issue, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Jeff Yang

Saturday, June 13, 2020 1:56 AM